Staying with inlaws and I'm miserable! (vent)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's never been a problem before. I have gone and bought my own when staying in hotels but I honestly didn't know they made toilet paper this rough! I may start carrying a roll in my luggage after this.

We flew in and our return tickets are for next week.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 pm Sorry you are feeling miserable. Hope you feel better very soon.

If you know your hemorrhoids cause you that much discomfort and the softness of your TP matters that much to you, you should either carry it with you wherever you go OR buy it once you get to your destination.

Why can't you leave?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:46 am I'm so miserable right now. I'm just getting over something (the flu?). I'm having some pretty painful stomach issues. As if that isn't enough, I have a UTI, and I always buy soft plushy toilet paper because I have problems with hemorrhoids. Their toilet paper is like sand paper. It hurts EVERYTHING down there. Especially with my UTI. There's no bathtub, so I can't have a nice soak. I really just want to stay in bed all day!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Oh. Send someone out for TP. Someone should certainly be able to do that.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 pm It's never been a problem before. I have gone and bought my own when staying in hotels but I honestly didn't know they made toilet paper this rough! I may start carrying a roll in my luggage after this.

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 pm Sorry you are feeling miserable. Hope you feel better very soon.

If you know your hemorrhoids cause you that much discomfort and the softness of your TP matters that much to you, you should either carry it with you wherever you go OR buy it once you get to your destination.

Why can't you leave?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:46 am I'm so miserable right now. I'm just getting over something (the flu?). I'm having some pretty painful stomach issues. As if that isn't enough, I have a UTI, and I always buy soft plushy toilet paper because I have problems with hemorrhoids. Their toilet paper is like sand paper. It hurts EVERYTHING down there. Especially with my UTI. There's no bathtub, so I can't have a nice soak. I really just want to stay in bed all day!
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aww I’m sorry. I refuse to stay with anyone because it makes me uncomfortable in general, lol. If there’s a hotel close by I’d do that. Only if it’s close though. You don’t want to feel shitty in the car.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I realize this may not be available to you, but if you have a health food store near you, send someone out for some marshmallow or slippery elm tea. If they don't have the tea, get the capsules and you can make tea by dumping a few capsules in some hot water. Both marshmallow and slippery elm are demulcent herbs which have a slippery quality and is very soothing to inflamed tissue. I used to get UTIs frequently and discovered marshmallow tea. I would make a big cup of it and sit in a hot tub sipping the tea until my medication kicked in.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm good now! Got my TP and the UTI seems to be clearing up!
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:52 pm Oh. Send someone out for TP. Someone should certainly be able to do that.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 pm It's never been a problem before. I have gone and bought my own when staying in hotels but I honestly didn't know they made toilet paper this rough! I may start carrying a roll in my luggage after this.

Why can't you leave?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't know where the nearest hotel is! Things are looking up now that the UTI is clearing up though!
famousglm714 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm Aww I’m sorry. I refuse to stay with anyone because it makes me uncomfortable in general, lol. If there’s a hotel close by I’d do that. Only if it’s close though. You don’t want to feel shitty in the car.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I haven't heard of either of those! Thanks! Do they taste good at all?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:56 pm I realize this may not be available to you, but if you have a health food store near you, send someone out for some marshmallow or slippery elm tea. If they don't have the tea, get the capsules and you can make tea by dumping a few capsules in some hot water. Both marshmallow and slippery elm are demulcent herbs which have a slippery quality and is very soothing to inflamed tissue. I used to get UTIs frequently and discovered marshmallow tea. I would make a big cup of it and sit in a hot tub sipping the tea until my medication kicked in.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That sucks. I hope everything is better today!

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:47 am I haven't heard of either of those! Thanks! Do they taste good at all?
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:56 pm I realize this may not be available to you, but if you have a health food store near you, send someone out for some marshmallow or slippery elm tea. If they don't have the tea, get the capsules and you can make tea by dumping a few capsules in some hot water. Both marshmallow and slippery elm are demulcent herbs which have a slippery quality and is very soothing to inflamed tissue. I used to get UTIs frequently and discovered marshmallow tea. I would make a big cup of it and sit in a hot tub sipping the tea until my medication kicked in.
They have a neutral, sweetish taste. You can pair it with another flavored tea, like mint.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

:)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 am I'm good now! Got my TP and the UTI seems to be clearing up!
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:52 pm Oh. Send someone out for TP. Someone should certainly be able to do that.

Locked Previous topicNext topic