Sharing scrunchies trend caused a lice outbreak

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son is in 5th and there was no issues with lice at all in any grade until this trend of girls giving scrunchies to boys they like. He has gone to this school since he started. When there is lice found in any grade the entire school and all parents are notified.

Now there is a lice outbreak in the 6th grade there.

My son has super short hair but I am putting tea tree oil in it just in case. He knows not to share coats, brushes, hats, etc.

Any other thing I can do as prevenative? I'm paranoid as f**k even though it's not in his grade.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tell him not to put a random girls scrunchie in his hair...
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mouse it, spray it, gel it.
Lice love clean hair and hate hair products.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Girls have been giving boys scrunchies since at least the 80's
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I suggest checking his head daily and spraying his backpack with anti lice stuff if back packs are stored in a closet or on hooks with other backpacks. Also wash his jacket or put it in the dryer on high heat every day. Other than that it’s really just hoping no one gets their head too close to his and he heeds your advice.
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Also your post made my head itch! I get itchy every time a notice comes home. It’s the worst to get rid of when you have girls at least if your son gets it and you’re checking regularly you should be able to keep it from spreading.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Just buzz his head....no hair....no lice
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Get some LiceFreee! spray and douse his head root to tip. It's salt based, not chemical based. It'll kill even super lice. It smells (stinks) like black licorice, but it's the only thing that has killed lice on my kids' heads when they've gotten it.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who's still wearing scrunchies? Didn't those die in the 90s?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 pm Who's still wearing scrunchies? Didn't those die in the 90s?
They are back, my 19 year old left one on the coffee table a while back and I was so confused lol! Apparently they are cool again.
Locked Previous topicNext topic