I am not paying BM child support

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 pm
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
It doesn’t make sense. Any case I have know where the parents have equal custody each just provided half of the care. They never gave money to the other parent. There isn’t any reason too if the child spends equal time and care with each parent.
What is mom made $100k a year
Dad make $55k
The kids shouldn’t notice a big discrepancy at either house
That’s the point of it with 50/50 custody

I don’t like 50/50 custody personally, we don’t do it, I think it’s unfair to the kids.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:49 pm
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am

The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
It doesn’t make sense. Any case I have know where the parents have equal custody each just provided half of the care. They never gave money to the other parent. There isn’t any reason too if the child spends equal time and care with each parent.
Dad make $55k

I don’t like 50/50 custody personally, we don’t do it, I think it’s unfair to the kids.
I don’t agree. So what if one makes more than the other as long as the kids are equally taken care of at both places. And I mean their basic needs. If mom makes more and is able to have extra cash to do extra things with the kids then that’s nice but that doesn’t mean mom should pay dad that extra money. It’s about the kids not the parents. If it’s 50/50 then they both obviously take care of the kids equally. Half and half with school supplies, school events, clothing, medical, etc. and each pay their own bills for the kids to have a roof over their heads while in their care and electric and heat/cooling and food. It shouldn’t be complicated. It’s that simple. 50/50 is 50/50 and not one parent giving the other parent money while also paying 50% of the child’s needs. That’s not 50/50.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Dad make $55k

I don’t agree. So what if one makes more than the other as long as the kids are equally taken care of at both places. And I mean their basic needs. If mom makes more and is able to have extra cash to do extra things with the kids then that’s nice but that doesn’t mean mom should pay dad that extra money. It’s about the kids not the parents. If it’s 50/50 then they both obviously take care of the kids equally. Half and half with school supplies, school events, clothing, medical, etc. and each pay their own bills for the kids to have a roof over their heads while in their care and electric and heat/cooling and food. It shouldn’t be complicated. It’s that simple. 50/50 is 50/50 and not one parent giving the other parent money while also paying 50% of the child’s needs. That’s not 50/50.
The courts disagree
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I'm really glad that I never had to deal with this child support crap.

I wish that HOW MUCH A PARENT HAS TO PAY would be determined by the county they live in. If the annual cost of raising a child in X county is $12,000.00 per year, each parent should be responsible for paying $6,000.00. End of story.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Is that a rhetorical question?

I actually don't need a roommate but the extra money is nice.

I would not pay any ones child support
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:19 am
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:27 pm I wouldn’t pay it either but your DH is going to be in arrears.
Would you get another roommate so you could afford to pay for your house and the CS?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm I'm really glad that I never had to deal with this child support crap.

I wish that HOW MUCH A PARENT HAS TO PAY would be determined by the county they live in. If the annual cost of raising a child in X county is $12,000.00 per year, each parent should be responsible for paying $6,000.00. End of story.
In Florida they determine what it costs to raise a child in the manner he or she is accustomed to and then each pays half. We didn't have 50/50 which would have mattered. They lived with me and he got eowe.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I like that, too.
Pjmm wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm I'm really glad that I never had to deal with this child support crap.

In Florida they determine what it costs to raise a child in the manner he or she is accustomed to and then each pays half. We didn't have 50/50 which would have mattered. They lived with me and he got eowe.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:19 am I don’t think that anyone should have to pay child support if the time is equal or if the parent paying the support actually has more time.
I agree. I’d encourage him to contact his lawyer because it’s bs and you guys could save so much money. I don’t blame you for not wanting to pay. Finances are the number one reason I stopped dating men with kids.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:19 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:15 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:11 pm
No they won't.
If his child support goes through the state they will eventually seize it.

I got a big chunk of money before Christmas one year than got his tax refund cha-ching.
Why would the seize anything?
If it gets to that point just close the account or transfer it to your mom’s account or something for awhile. Someone you can trust.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am

Then that’s what will happen
I never missed your point
I didn’t agree with you, that’s all.
The reason CS is ordered when both have 50/50 is so that both houses are equal. That is the point of it so that the kids dont go from a nice house to living in poverty. So yes you did miss it. Not agreeing with facts is silly.
"Their mom's house is nicer, bigger, and in a better area than ours is."

Maybe she should have full custody.
Really? The parent who has the biggest, nicest home should get full custody? Sure, because THAT isn't shallow or materialistic AT ALL. Good Lord. Insert giant eye roll here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic