I am not paying BM child support

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:27 pm I wouldn’t pay it either but your DH is going to be in arrears.
Would you get another roommate so you could afford to pay for your house and the CS?
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:13 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

"Their mom's house is nicer, bigger, and in a better area than ours is."

Maybe she should have full custody.
Maybe dad should since she cant support them half of the time without dad paying for it
We'll he can't afford cs without dipping into his savings. He is thinking of a modification to lower it so...
More and more judges are ordering incime based at the ncp's former salary. Especially when they are willfully unemployed
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
BMs boyfriend makes more money than we do by far. So that doesn't really make sense in our situation.
Makes more money than you and your husband AND has a nicer house. You sound jealous.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Maybe dad should since she cant support them half of the time without dad paying for it
We'll he can't afford cs without dipping into his savings. He is thinking of a modification to lower it so...
They way it should be in a 50/50 situation.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am

Then that’s what will happen
I never missed your point
I didn’t agree with you, that’s all.
The reason CS is ordered when both have 50/50 is so that both houses are equal. That is the point of it so that the kids dont go from a nice house to living in poverty. So yes you did miss it. Not agreeing with facts is silly.

The kids don't want to be there all the time
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:25 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am

The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
BMs boyfriend makes more money than we do by far. So that doesn't really make sense in our situation.
Makes more money than you and your husband AND has a nicer house. You sound jealous.
She doesn't make more. I never said that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:21 am

More and more judges are ordering incime based at the ncp's former salary. Especially when they are willfully unemployed
There is no NCP in this situation.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
It doesn’t make sense. Any case I have know where the parents have equal custody each just provided half of the care. They never gave money to the other parent. There isn’t any reason too if the child spends equal time and care with each parent.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:02 pm 1-yes he should file a modification in court if his circumstances have changed drastically.

2- Stop being a BM detective. You have no idea what she is spending the support on.
Exactly.

Here's the way the law sees it: If BM and your DH were still together, both parents would be contributing their full share toward the cost of raising the children, and they would naturally have "equal" custody. Just because they are no longer together does not mean he should magically get out of supporting the children he helped bring into the world. That includes housing, clothing, medical care, extracurriculars, schooling, etc. ad nauseum. And it's none of your business what she does with the money so long as the kids are being provided for. Even if her boyfriend is paying for all those things, the money is coming out of *their* income, and the support your DH has to pay is meant to reimburse for that. If you don't have the emotional maturity to accept that it's a GOOD thing for a man to actually live up to his responsibility to provide for children he has with someone else, then you should not have married him.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:01 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:58 pm You married a winner if he would rather have you pay his CS than pay it with his savings.
He doesnt like dipping into savings. I understand that to an extent. I dont want him to touch it for anything else but I am absolutely not paying child support.
Oh well, eventually, the state will seize his bank account.
I shit glitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic