I am not paying BM child support

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 am

You missed my point. DH talked to his lawyer and at this point if DH goes to court BM will end up paying him. He hasnt decided if he wants to do that or not.
Then that’s what will happen
I never missed your point
I didn’t agree with you, that’s all.
The reason CS is ordered when both have 50/50 is so that both houses are equal. That is the point of it so that the kids dont go from a nice house to living in poverty. So yes you did miss it. Not agreeing with facts is silly.
But you mentioned BMs boyfriend. He could provide them a mansion on a private island
And the courts will only look at the income of the parents
That was the point you are missing
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:06 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am

BMs boyfriend makes more money than we do by far. So that doesn't really make sense in our situation.
Since when does the court take a boyfriends/new husbands income into consideration?
It depends on where you live. My point is there is no income discrepancy when it comes to the kids. Their mom's house is nicer, bigger, and in a better area than ours is. It isnt like they go from our house to poverty.
Which US state is this?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:07 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 am

The job market is not great where we live.
"DH lost his job a few months back. ,,, He is actively looking for a job and has had several interviews and a few second interviews. He is over qualified for most of the jobs and people are seeming to have a problem with that. There are no jobs at the level he has been working at for years just below."

But there are jobs below the level he has been working at for years, so that excuse flies out the window.
Places do not want to hire people who are over qualified because they want more money and they are afraid he will leave the first chance he gets if it is a higher level job. This is common sense.
The judge will love that excuse. That's common sense.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Jskidmore1946 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 am

The job market is not great where we live.
"DH lost his job a few months back. ,,, He is actively looking for a job and has had several interviews and a few second interviews. He is over qualified for most of the jobs and people are seeming to have a problem with that. There are no jobs at the level he has been working at for years just below."

But there are jobs below the level he has been working at for years, so that excuse flies out the window.
How does that excuse fly out the window when he is being told he is over qualified for the positons just below the level he was working at
That's the same lame old excuse that fathers claim all the time to avoid paying for their children.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 am

How does that excuse fly out the window when he is being told he is over qualified for the positons just below the level he was working at
That's the same lame old excuse that fathers claim all the time to avoid paying for their children.
I'll laugh if this goes to court and the judge orders cs based on what he can be making at the lower level.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 am

You missed my point. DH talked to his lawyer and at this point if DH goes to court BM will end up paying him. He hasnt decided if he wants to do that or not.
The reason CS is ordered when both have 50/50 is so that both houses are equal. That is the point of it so that the kids dont go from a nice house to living in poverty. So yes you did miss it. Not agreeing with facts is silly.
"Their mom's house is nicer, bigger, and in a better area than ours is."

Maybe she should have full custody.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 am

If he has 50/50 he does pay for his his when they are at his house. Mom needs to stop being lazy and do the same
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

Maybe dad should since she cant support them half of the time without dad paying for it
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:13 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

Maybe dad should since she cant support them half of the time without dad paying for it
We'll he can't afford cs without dipping into his savings. He is thinking of a modification to lower it so...
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:14 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:05 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:59 pm

I agree in most cases but on situation where they have 50/50 she should be paying that herself. . He does.
Not if his income is significantly higher and the kids would have to change their way of life.

Yes, you can still request child support if you share 50/50 custody. In cases where parents have a disparity in income, the court may order child support. Where one parent makes more than the other, the court may believe it's not fair to the children to rely on the lower-earning parent's income alone while in their care.

In most cases of joint custody, the court calculates child support as if each parent has primary custody. They determine what each parent would pay if they were the paying parent.

Then, the court offsets the lower amount against the higher. For example, if the first parent would pay $1,000 and the second parent would pay $600, the court offsets and orders the higher-earning parent to pay the difference or $400. Each case depends on the incomes of the paying parents.
I know the courts do it but I do not think any parent should pay child support in a 50/50 situation. It isn't one patents job to support the child more . When they share custody. You want more money get a better job dont expect your ex to take care of your part .. any parents who ask for child support in a 50/50 situation is a greedy bitch
Well we will have to agree to disagree. I am with the courts on this one and I don't see any part of it being greed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic