Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:32 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:30 pm
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:49 pm

What is mom made $100k a year
Dad make $55k
The kids shouldn’t notice a big discrepancy at either house
That’s the point of it with 50/50 custody

I don’t like 50/50 custody personally, we don’t do it, I think it’s unfair to the kids.
I don’t agree. So what if one makes more than the other as long as the kids are equally taken care of at both places. And I mean their basic needs. If mom makes more and is able to have extra cash to do extra things with the kids then that’s nice but that doesn’t mean mom should pay dad that extra money. It’s about the kids not the parents. If it’s 50/50 then they both obviously take care of the kids equally. Half and half with school supplies, school events, clothing, medical, etc. and each pay their own bills for the kids to have a roof over their heads while in their care and electric and heat/cooling and food. It shouldn’t be complicated. It’s that simple. 50/50 is 50/50 and not one parent giving the other parent money while also paying 50% of the child’s needs. That’s not 50/50.
The courts disagree
Sounds like it but I disagree with the courts. It shouldn’t be that way and honestly this is the first I ever heard this. Anyone I have ever known who had 50/50 only pays 50%. They don’t pay the other parent money. They pay half expenses and that’s it because the kids are equally taken care of between the two parents. It’s really how it should be unless one of the parents lives far away and isn’t able to have them half the time. In that case one parent would have primary custody. Though I have also heard of some parents sending their kids to live with one parent out of state/ country for 6 months and they live with the other for 6 months. I any case like that I have never heard of either parent paying the other parent because they have joint 50/50 custody.
Locked Previous topicNext topic