I don't like my oldest daughter's bf

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:32 pm My oldest daughter is 33 and a Physicians assistant. My oldest step son is 31 and in Medical research like me. My husband is a partner in a Law firm. My middle daughter is in Law school. And my youngest daughter is still is HS and she wants to be an accountant. So as to you see our family is very successful.
My okdest daughter is dating a guy now for a few months. We met him last night for a the 1st time. We knew he was in education. Which is great. What we didn't know is he is a elementary school teacher. My husband asked him what his goals are with his career. He simply said he is working his dream job and at his dream school.

Is it so wrong that we want more for her. Someone more successful.

Wwyd. We want to tell her how we feel. We don't want to hurt her.
Lying trolls suck donkey dicks
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, it is very wrong because he is very successful. Large paying jobs don't automatically mean success.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wasn't she an anesthesiologist earlier today?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:47 pm Dude you just did this.
But she was an anesthesiologist earlier.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 pm Wasn't she an anesthesiologist earlier today?
Two different posts.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL!

Amazing how terrible your grammar and spelling are, for such a "successful" family.

Hopefully this nice man dumps your daughter so he won't have to be saddled with snotty, insecure in laws.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This post right along with the other one reminds me of a Dear Abby. Where this family was worried about what clothes, and brands a person wears. Their brother married someone who doesn't/didn't share their fashion sense.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/16/d ... ins-taste/

Guess it's cousin, and not brother. But same gist.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Leave her alone. She's more than capable of making her own decisions for her own life. It's not even like she's just barely starting out in adulthood. She's in her 30's. Trust me, she doesn't give a rat's ass what you think about her boyfriend's profession.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 pm Wasn't she an anesthesiologist earlier today?
That post was a spin-off of this one. A different anon agreeing with this anon, and feeling the need to start a separate post about it.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What a ridiculous complaint. Being a teacher can be a very rewarding profession. SOMEONE is going to have to teach our children. You should be glad this guy loves it and wants to do it. You should not be bitching about it. Good God-he could be a drug dealer and make a boatload of money but he's a teacher. Not everyone could do that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic