Letting strangers move in your house with your children is irresponsible

Anonymous 4

Unread post

We board a hockey player for a team. He has a full basement apartment with a separate entrance but it is our responsibility to make sure he is home for curfew and we need to provide all meals for him as well. Thing is he is 17 and in high school full time.
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I agree and I don't think that's something I'd ever do. But, if I were in a siimular situation as OP in the original post, I suppose I could see the appeal of the idea and convince myself to do such a thing. It's just so risky though.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 pm When does that happen? A roommate situation?
Renting your house out to randoms or getting a roommate.
I understand my grandmother did it although by then my mother may have been grown but living at home. Idk but when it's the 1950s and your breadwinner husband just had a heart attack and died I guess you'd got to do what you got to do.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I guarantee having a woman live with you is safer than random men and boyfriends that women with kids have on here.

What little roommate drama I may have doesn’t compare to the shit women who move boyfriends in deal with
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have house rules. Background check. It’s better than having no standards in men and moving some random guy in.

quote=CMrefugee post_id=589305 time=1571599712 user_id=72]
I agree and I don't think that's something I'd ever do. But, if I were in a siimular situation as OP in the original post, I suppose I could see the appeal of the idea and convince myself to do such a thing. It's just so risky though.
[/quote]
Anonymous 3

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:56 pm I agree. It’s not something I would ever do.
Have you ever had a nanny, a housekeeper, or even just a casual babysitter?

Have you ever put your children in a gym child care, sent them to preschool, or sent them to regular school? Have you hired a tennis pro and dropped your kids off for the lesson while you went to the grocery store?

In all of the above scenarios you are placing your kids in the care of a relative stranger. In this case, the roommate is likely never alone with her kids.......
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am I think it is scary that so many women on this website and others that I am on just let random people move into the house that their children live in. You have no idea what that person is like or what they are capable of. You have no idea what their intentions are. It is irresponsible and could be dangerous.
I agree but I think she's a troll. She posts the craziest shit sometimes.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I personally wouldn't do it.

You never really know someone though.

Most the time when something happens to kids it's by a family member or someone the family knows.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

How many times have you heard of it ending badly? Very rarely is the answer, it is no more dangerous then hiring a babysitter if they do their research.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:15 pm I guarantee having a woman live with you is safer than random men and boyfriends that women with kids have on here.

What little roommate drama I may have doesn’t compare to the shit women who move boyfriends in deal with
You honestly think a woman is 100% safe?
Locked Previous topicNext topic