Would your kids like this for Halloween?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is our first Halloween in this area and we have no idea how many trick or treaters to expect. There are a lot of kids who live around here, but it's a city area and trunk or treats seem very popular around here, so we could end up with 200 kids or no kids.

What would your kids think about getting fortune cookies for Halloween? My grandfather has big bags of them from work, anything we didn't use could just go back to work, so we wouldn't be stuck with a ton of candy if no trick or treaters came. Would your kids like that or would they think it's lame?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

OMFG. More lame Japanese shit. No. No kid wants your fortune cookies. They want chocolate. Snickers, Reeses , Hershey Etc.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My kid would love a fortune cookie.

Did you ask a neighbor how many to expect?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You ask me i think it would create a litter problem and no one ever eats them except me. My kids just like the fortunes which these days are lame.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 am OMFG. More lame Japanese shit. No. No kid wants your fortune cookies. They want chocolate. Snickers, Reeses , Hershey Etc.
I believe fortune cookies are actually American but attributed to the Chinese if you want to get technical. My kids just want the fortunes. I think all in all they'd prefer the candy.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think that would be very cute!
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:31 am My kid would love a fortune cookie.

Did you ask a neighbor how many to expect?
Since we just moved, I only know a few of the neighbors, most of them have young kids so they said they don't know because they are out trick or treating with their kids on Halloween and the one older couple I know said they go to their daughter's house for Halloween, so they don't know. I guess I could ask around more, it just seems like an odd thing to walk up to a stranger on my street to ask, haha.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My dd loves fortune cookies. I think that would be an awesome treat.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 am OMFG. More lame Japanese shit. No. No kid wants your fortune cookies. They want chocolate. Snickers, Reeses , Hershey Etc.
I believe fortune cookies are actually American but attributed to the Chinese if you want to get technical. My kids just want the fortunes. I think all in all they'd prefer the candy.
They are originally from Japan, brought to California by Japanese-Americans, and then they were changed to the American version we know today by Chinese-American chefs. That is why they are served in both Chinese and Japanese restaurants. The poster is just bitter because some for some reason get triggered by me having my culture as a part of my life. You can talk about your lasagna and burgers all you want, but if I share that we are having udon for dinner, I'm just trying to be obnoxious.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Most of the kids I know don't like the taste of fortune cookies. They're not interested in the fortunes either. I'd ask the neighbors how many tricker or treaters to expect and buy Halloween candy based on that info.
Locked Previous topicNext topic