Would your kids like this for Halloween?

Anonymous 12

Unread post

:lol:
Anonymous 14

Unread post

I don’t know honestly. I personally don’t care for them out of the package but they’re fun to open! I know all my kids love opening them, but although they don’t like them plain they love them crumbled on top of vanilla yogurt or ice cream. They’re so good on vanilla ice cream!

Could you offer those and candy? Just get a bag of something you or your family likes? I always have 2 bowls on Halloween.....one peanut and gluten free and one not.

I buy Tootsie Pops for me, and Butterfingers for my husband, among a couple other candies. Just in case we don’t get many trick or treaters.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My kids love fortune cookies. I will go by your neighborhood just change out my kids costumes every half of hour for more. LoL
Anonymous 15

Unread post

Give out fortune cookies and candy, or your house might be labeled the odd house on the street.
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I like that idea. It mixes it up a bit. They're gonna get a ton of candy, so if it's not their thing oh well, it's not like they'll be deprived of chocolate!
Anonymous 16

Unread post

Anything "different" was something I enjoyed as a kid. It was always a thrill to go through my bag and see what kind of cool stuff people had thrown in besides candy. But kids today are spoiled little asses... so maybe they wouldn't enjoy those.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm I would like to add that your house will become very unpopular extremely fast in future Halloweens if you do give out fortune cookies. I remember growing up, and my dad insisting we give out those mini boxes of raisins. We'd have tons of leftovers, and very few TOT'ers. Don't be that house.
How do children know where they get each piece of candy. Here they go up to the house and the person drops the candy right in the bag. No one knows what house the candy came from.

Being "that" house would not be good for her children's reputation with their friends. No child wants their friends to think his parents are odd.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:30 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm I would like to add that your house will become very unpopular extremely fast in future Halloweens if you do give out fortune cookies. I remember growing up, and my dad insisting we give out those mini boxes of raisins. We'd have tons of leftovers, and very few TOT'ers. Don't be that house.
How do children know where they get each piece of candy. Here they go up to the house and the person drops the candy right in the bag. No one knows what house the candy came from.

Being "that" house would not be good for her children's reputation with their friends. No child wants their friends to think his parents are odd.

The trick or treaters see the candy bowl. They see the candy being dropped into the bowl. The fortune cookies won't look like Halloween candy. Most children look in their bags after each house. They'll know where they got the fortune cookies.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 pm

The trick or treaters see the candy bowl. They see the candy being dropped into the bowl. The fortune cookies won't look like Halloween candy. Most children look in their bags after each house. They'll know where they got the fortune cookies.
Only time mine ever knew what they got was when it was a full size chocolate bar or a can of pop. Other than that it was a simple thank you and move on to the next house.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:10 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Only time mine ever knew what they got was when it was a full size chocolate bar or a can of pop. Other than that it was a simple thank you and move on to the next house.
Yeah, my kids sometimes got less exciting things like bookmarks or raisins, but they didn't dwell on it and note what house it was from. That just seems odd to me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic