Would your kids like this for Halloween?

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just asked Kidlet, and they said no way. Stick to candy.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 9

Unread post

My kids would think you’re cheap.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My kids love fortune cookies, they even eat the cookie.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
CMrefugee
Donated
Donated
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No fortune cookies. Buy a few bags of candy and if you have unwanted leftovers, turn them into a local dental office that's accepting Halloween candy or something. Or just hand out exaggerated amounts of candy to the kids to ensure that you don't have leftovers. 🤷‍♀️
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 am This is our first Halloween in this area and we have no idea how many trick or treaters to expect. There are a lot of kids who live around here, but it's a city area and trunk or treats seem very popular around here, so we could end up with 200 kids or no kids.

What would your kids think about getting fortune cookies for Halloween? My grandfather has big bags of them from work, anything we didn't use could just go back to work, so we wouldn't be stuck with a ton of candy if no trick or treaters came. Would your kids like that or would they think it's lame?
I guess that's one way to get to get rid of old nasty fortune cookies that you've collected over the years from ordering chinese food. Kids prefer candy and those would just be tossed aside on the sidewalk or street, creating more garbage for the city to clean.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lustywench wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 am This is our first Halloween in this area and we have no idea how many trick or treaters to expect. There are a lot of kids who live around here, but it's a city area and trunk or treats seem very popular around here, so we could end up with 200 kids or no kids.

What would your kids think about getting fortune cookies for Halloween? My grandfather has big bags of them from work, anything we didn't use could just go back to work, so we wouldn't be stuck with a ton of candy if no trick or treaters came. Would your kids like that or would they think it's lame?
I guess that's one way to get to get rid of old nasty fortune cookies that you've collected over the years from ordering chinese food. Kids prefer candy and those would just be tossed aside on the sidewalk or street, creating more garbage for the city to clean.
We get them from the restaurant where my grandfather works, they aren't old leftovers. I don't know any kids who just throw the candy they don't want on the ground, if they do, I'd say that's on their parents, not me. My kids get plenty of candy they don't like, they just keep it until we get home, they don't throw it in the street.
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:11 pm

We get them from the restaurant where my grandfather works, they aren't old leftovers. I don't know any kids who just throw the candy they don't want on the ground, if they do, I'd say that's on their parents, not me. My kids get plenty of candy they don't like, they just keep it until we get home, they don't throw it in the street.
Young kids and preteens will put the cookies in their TOT bag but if you hand those to teens, they will toss them on the ground and remember your house later when they come back with eggs, shaving cream and toilet paper Lena
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lustywench wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:14 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Young kids and preteens will put the cookies in their TOT bag but if you hand those to teens, they will toss them on the ground and remember your house later when they come back with eggs, shaving cream and toilet paper Lena
And now you're pulling that out, which tells me that you are just trying to be unpleasant to me instead of giving an actual answer.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Olio, some of the answers to you have been unpleasant. That doesn't change the fact fortune cookies aren't a good idea to pass out at Halloween. The only time most fortune cookies taste good is when they're homemade and freshly made.

Children will be expecting candy. Buy a bag and then turn off your lights when you run out.
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My son would love a fortune cookie. But he is very quirky and definitely not "normal".
Locked Previous topicNext topic