Would your kids like this for Halloween?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:10 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 pm
highlandmum wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:30 pm

The trick or treaters see the candy bowl. They see the candy being dropped into the bowl. The fortune cookies won't look like Halloween candy. Most children look in their bags after each house. They'll know where they got the fortune cookies.
Only time mine ever knew what they got was when it was a full size chocolate bar or a can of pop. Other than that it was a simple thank you and move on to the next house.

My daughter always said thank you. Then she looked in the bag after she turned away from the door. She always knew where her favorite candy came from. I've seen many other children do the same thing. It was something I also did as a child.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm

The trick or treaters see the candy bowl. They see the candy being dropped into the bowl. The fortune cookies won't look like Halloween candy. Most children look in their bags after each house. They'll know where they got the fortune cookies.
Only time mine ever knew what they got was when it was a full size chocolate bar or a can of pop. Other than that it was a simple thank you and move on to the next house.

My daughter always said thank you. Then she looked in the bag after she turned away from the door. She always knew where her favorite candy came from. I've seen many other children do the same thing. It was something I also did as a child.
Will they look at what they got? Sure. Will they note if it's something they really like? Sure. But the ones they don't like as much they don't really pay any attention to and they don't have a mental map of the whole neighborhood and who gave what. They just get their treats and move on.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Around here it is a sea of chips and chocolate so honestly it all blends together. With the chips in the bag the other candy falls below then so they really do not see what they got. Only if it is something heavy do they take notice
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Mine would love it. I think it would be fun because they won’t get it from anyone else!
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DS loves them so it would be a hit with him.
Anonymous 17

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:50 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 am OMFG. More lame Japanese shit. No. No kid wants your fortune cookies. They want chocolate. Snickers, Reeses , Hershey Etc.
I believe fortune cookies are actually American but attributed to the Chinese if you want to get technical. My kids just want the fortunes. I think all in all they'd prefer the candy.
They are originally from Japan, brought to California by Japanese-Americans, and then they were changed to the American version we know today by Chinese-American chefs. That is why they are served in both Chinese and Japanese restaurants. The poster is just bitter because some for some reason get triggered by me having my culture as a part of my life. You can talk about your lasagna and burgers all you want, but if I share that we are having udon for dinner, I'm just trying to be obnoxious.
The thing is nobody is going on about Lasagna or burgers. Literally no one but you brings up their heritage in every post even other people's post where it's completly irrelevant. Then if anyone else says the word Asian they are racist. You are just a ridiculous troll looking for attention.
Anonymous 18

Unread post

Anonymous 17 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 am

I believe fortune cookies are actually American but attributed to the Chinese if you want to get technical. My kids just want the fortunes. I think all in all they'd prefer the candy.
They are originally from Japan, brought to California by Japanese-Americans, and then they were changed to the American version we know today by Chinese-American chefs. That is why they are served in both Chinese and Japanese restaurants. The poster is just bitter because some for some reason get triggered by me having my culture as a part of my life. You can talk about your lasagna and burgers all you want, but if I share that we are having udon for dinner, I'm just trying to be obnoxious.
The thing is nobody is going on about Lasagna or burgers. Literally no one but you brings up their heritage in every post even other people's post where it's completly irrelevant. Then if anyone else says the word Asian they are racist. You are just a ridiculous troll looking for attention.
Attachments
f06c7e21c446e11fbe6e1933bb811529.png
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 18 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 am

Except what she said is completely false and she is the troll. Hows that for the truth?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Except I rarely bring it up unless it's relevant and have never called anyone racist for just saying Asian. Troll on elsewhere.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:59 am

Except I rarely bring it up unless it's relevant and have never called anyone racist for just saying Asian. Troll on elsewhere.
Rarely??? Oh honey if only the search feature worked. I could absolutely pull up at least 20 posts from you with the words Asian or Japanese in it. AT LEAST. Probably closer to 100.
Locked Previous topicNext topic