Reoccurring strep?

Slindsley5
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My daughter kept having it also, they removed tonsils and she hasn’t had it since
Anonymous 3

Unread post

SD used to get it all the time too, to the point where they discussed taking her tonsils out. She stopped getting it though so maybe her body learned to fight it better idk.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Since you share food/drinks with her and she keeps getting it, it could be that you're a carrier. Maybe stop sharing with her?
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

My 4 year old dd had it 8 times in a year. She wouldn't show any symptoms that anyone else could notice (naps when she never naps, fits over nothing) but as a mom you get used to the signs. My older daughter and I never got it when she did. She got her tonsils out over the summer, and has been healthy since. They don't like to do it as much anymore, but it is still pretty common. The recovery is around 7-10 days, but definitely beats them being miserable for a few days several times a year
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:07 am Since you share food/drinks with her and she keeps getting it, it could be that you're a carrier. Maybe stop sharing with her?
If I was wouldn't I test positive for it with a swab? I have only had it once in my life and it was BAD!!

I mean I am not against stopping sharing with her. But my other kids also share drinks with me and no one else gets it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yipes-Stripes wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 am My 4 year old dd had it 8 times in a year. She wouldn't show any symptoms that anyone else could notice (naps when she never naps, fits over nothing) but as a mom you get used to the signs. My older daughter and I never got it when she did. She got her tonsils out over the summer, and has been healthy since. They don't like to do it as much anymore, but it is still pretty common. The recovery is around 7-10 days, but definitely beats them being miserable for a few days several times a year
That's the thing, no one ever believes me that she has strep. It never looks like strep. So they like to pass it off as oh it's a cold or allergies. She will get a slight sore throat, and then if we don't get antibiotics right then and there, she will just DROP. Full body rash, lethargic, stomach pain. I have even had UC dr's look at me like I am crazy when they ask how long she has had a sore throat and I say since this morning (and it's 9am in the UC) yet of course the culture they send out is always positive.

Right now because I delayed in taking her in until Sunday, and then had to wait until yesterday for the culture, she is at my dads really sick. It just sucks.
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:18 am
Yipes-Stripes wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 am My 4 year old dd had it 8 times in a year. She wouldn't show any symptoms that anyone else could notice (naps when she never naps, fits over nothing) but as a mom you get used to the signs. My older daughter and I never got it when she did. She got her tonsils out over the summer, and has been healthy since. They don't like to do it as much anymore, but it is still pretty common. The recovery is around 7-10 days, but definitely beats them being miserable for a few days several times a year
That's the thing, no one ever believes me that she has strep. It never looks like strep. So they like to pass it off as oh it's a cold or allergies. She will get a slight sore throat, and then if we don't get antibiotics right then and there, she will just DROP. Full body rash, lethargic, stomach pain. I have even had UC dr's look at me like I am crazy when they ask how long she has had a sore throat and I say since this morning (and it's 9am in the UC) yet of course the culture they send out is always positive.

Right now because I delayed in taking her in until Sunday, and then had to wait until yesterday for the culture, she is at my dads really sick. It just sucks.
That does suck, I'm sorry! I always thought people must think I have Munchausen by Proxy when I said she had strep😂
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I found this article on recurring strep.
http://www.pediatricweb.com/webpost/ifr ... icleId=187
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Our pediatrician makes us wait 48hrs before starting the antibiotic to let the body build up natural immunities. We have now been strep free for years.
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:54 pm Our pediatrician makes us wait 48hrs before starting the antibiotic to let the body build up natural immunities. We have now been strep free for years.
I would be having finding a new doctor
Locked Previous topicNext topic