Would you contact the school?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son came home today rather upset.

He says that a few boys have constantly been teasing him and giving him a hard time about his hair. Saying that he looks stupid, it looks trashy, it sucks, he looks gay and that he needs to cut it etc.

DS has said that he has told a few of his teachers about this but nothing has been done. DS says that this has been going on since last year but has escalated this year, to where it is a daily thing.

I don't feel just because DS chooses to have his hair long (and it is his choice, I have offered to take him to have it cut many times) that he should be constantly harassed about it or feel like he should have to cut it due to other peoples opinion on boys with long hair.

I normally let my kids deal with their own issues like this at school, but DS has told all the boys to stop and informed a teacher, yet it still continues and is getting worse and worse according to DS.

Would you contact the school in response to this? Would you continue to tell DS he needs to fight his own battles? What would you do? DS is 12 and it 7th grade.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Teachers can't hear everything kids say to each other. They just can't.

This is unfortunately normal. I'd teach him better ways to handle it between him and the kids - better ways to respond or ignore.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yes I would have been in the principal's office last year, kicking ass and taking names. That kid has been dealing with bullying since last year. What are you waiting for? Go to the school and demand that the principal put a stop to it now since the teachers obviously aren't doing it. It is the principal's job to provide a hostile free environment and once s/he has been notified and does nothing, is violating Title IX of the civil rights act. Tell the principal that you expect those punks to be reprimanded and if it doesn't stop, suspended and expelled if necessary. Bullying is bullying and should not be tolerated.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm Yes I would have been in the principal's office last year, kicking ass and taking names. That kid has been dealing with bullying since last year. What are you waiting for? Go to the school and demand that the principal put a stop to it now since the teachers obviously aren't doing it. It is the principal's job to provide a hostile free environment and once s/he has been notified and does nothing, is violating Title IX of the civil rights act. Tell the principal that you expect those punks to be reprimanded and if it doesn't stop, suspended and expelled if necessary. Bullying is bullying and should not be tolerated.
I didn't know it was happening last year. DS keeps things to himself until he just explodes (not the best of traits) I am happy he at least told me now that it was happening before it turned into a fight or something.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes. At this point I'd call the school, set up an appointment with the principal and a counselor, and I'd lay everything out on the table. Your son is being harassed and bullied for his hair and if it doesn't stop immediately you will be getting your lawyer involved.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 pm Yes I would have been in the principal's office last year, kicking ass and taking names. That kid has been dealing with bullying since last year. What are you waiting for? Go to the school and demand that the principal put a stop to it now since the teachers obviously aren't doing it. It is the principal's job to provide a hostile free environment and once s/he has been notified and does nothing, is violating Title IX of the civil rights act. Tell the principal that you expect those punks to be reprimanded and if it doesn't stop, suspended and expelled if necessary. Bullying is bullying and should not be tolerated.
I didn't know it was happening last year. DS keeps things to himself until he just explodes (not the best of traits) I am happy he at least told me now that it was happening before it turned into a fight or something.
Well now you know. Go see the principal and take no prisoners. You can borrow my brass balls if you need to. ; - )
Deleted User 638

Unread post

It's time for you to step in. Set up a conference with the principal ASAP. Let them know you're willing to involve attorneys if it doesn't stop.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Why are you always so dramatic. Menopause? Good lord. All this is gonna do is make him a bigger target.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do what you think is necessary. I teach my daughter to keep her head held high and own whatever hairstyle she likes. Block out the negativity.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 pm
Why are you always so dramatic. Menopause? Good lord. All this is gonna do is make him a bigger target.
Bullshit. Kids kill themselves over shit like this. Too many kids hang or shoot themselves because their parents, teachers and principals failed them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic