Would you contact the school?

Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I’d be at the school talking to teacher and principle about it. If all else, there would be a haircut in the near future, whether the kid wanted it or not.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Kids are cruel. It happens. Him telling the teacher is only going to make it worse, and you contacting the school isn't going to do anything either. Tell him to ignore these kids, that their issues aren't his problem. If he is happy with the way he looks, then nothing else matters. The other kids are probably jealous, and that's triggering it. Maybe one of the girls they like, likes him, so they are making fun of him to get him to cut his hair.

Deleted User 638

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:15 pm I’d be at the school talking to teacher and principle about it. If all else, there would be a haircut in the near future, whether the kid wanted it or not.

A haircut would be a horrible message to send to her son. It would be telling him to give up his individuality to please others. It would also be telling him to give in to bullies. That never works out well.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:15 pm I’d be at the school talking to teacher and principle about it. If all else, there would be a haircut in the near future, whether the kid wanted it or not.

A haircut would be a horrible message to send to her son. It would be telling him to give up his individuality to please others. It would also be telling him to give in to bullies. That never works out well.
The haircut would be the absolute last option, after everything else fails.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:53 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 am

The haircut would be the absolute last option, after everything else fails.

They'd see it as a sign of weakness and find something else to bully him about.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

So how is forcing the child to change the thing that is causing the problem helping the child? If it's dirty clothes, not taking a bath or brushing teeth, sure those are positive changes to make. However, cutting a child's hair because some one else is using it as a tool to tease, isn't helping the child, it is in fact going to hurt the child. It is going to make the situation worst.
Locked Previous topicNext topic