Would you contact the school?

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I find this hard to believe. However, If you feel you need need to go to the school then go to the school. Good luck with everything.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 pm Do what you think is necessary. I teach my daughter to keep her head held high and own whatever hairstyle she likes. Block out the negativity.
This.
Those assholes are just that, assholes.
Now seems like a good time to teach him that no matter what you do in life theres always going to be assholes and to not let them steal your shine.
It's ballsy for a boy to wear his hair long, he already has the confidence to do it. So teach him that people are assholes and teach him to move on with his life.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would first try to teach him coping skills, but the situation here is beyond that. I would be in the principal's by now.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:52 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 pm Do what you think is necessary. I teach my daughter to keep her head held high and own whatever hairstyle she likes. Block out the negativity.
This.
Now seems like a good time to teach him that no matter what you do in life theres always going to be assholes and to not let them steal your shine.
It's ballsy for a boy to wear his hair long, he already has the confidence to do it. So teach him that people are assholes and teach him to move on with his life.
Boys have been wearing their hair long for decades - why is it ballsy?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

jas wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 am
Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:52 pm
This.
Boys have been wearing their hair long for decades - why is it ballsy?
It goes against the gender norms that have been placed on us by society. It takes courage to say f**k you to society's expectations for us and do what we want to do with our own bodies.
Its like when I went from my hair being half way down my back to a pixie cut. People freaked the f**k out and had all kinds of opinions about it. People even told me i was "going through something" when in reality I just wanted to cut my hair and try a new hairstyle that was out of norm for me.
After that my confidence boosted because f**k what other people think or say about me.
I think if you want to do something different you should do it. But too many people in this world fall prey to the norm and are scared to be different. It takes courage/balls to step away from it and do what we want to do externally.
That and it makes people intimated by you.
Its really very freeing and intoxicating to do what you want to do and to break norms, whether its gender, academic, relationship wise, etc.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would send the principal an email and ask what the school policy is on bullying. Let them know your son has repeatedly let teachers know he is being harassed, and that this email serves as a formal notice to the principal that you are asking them to take action to stop the behavior.

You need to document the time line and notice to the school for any future action you may choose to take.
hsvettelater
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Definitely set up a meeting with the principal or Super. Find out if they have an anti-bullying policy, and if so, why haven't they been enforcing it (if this has been an ongoing situation).
Yes, bullying has far-reaching ramifications. My daughter was removed almost a decade ago due to bullying (one student and her teacher). There was a girl who just attempted suicide 18 months ago due to bullying so absolutely nothing has changed here. The local district is an epic fail.
--Lynn--Mom to one great teenager and three fur-babies. Grateful to still be breathing.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

At this point, seeing as you child has taken the steps to address this and it isn't easing, I'd schedule an appt. with the school counselor/vice principal.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Time to teach him to toughen up and work out some witty come backs. I don't think them being critical of his hair is a reason to run to school. He's almost a teen. This is a good place for him to learn too that you're free to do as you want, but actions have consequences. The unintended consequences of him insisting on long hair is hearing about it from his peers.

If they were beating him then yes step in by all means. He needs to learn now that words don't bruise you and that people will comment and be critical of your choices in life.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:30 am Time to teach him to toughen up and work out some witty come backs. I don't think them being critical of his hair is a reason to run to school. He's almost a teen. This is a good place for him to learn too that you're free to do as you want, but actions have consequences. The unintended consequences of him insisting on long hair is hearing about it from his peers.

If they were beating him then yes step in by all means. He needs to learn now that words don't bruise you and that people will comment and be critical of your choices in life.

Bullying with words is as damaging as bullying with fists. Many of the bullied teens who killed themselves were not touched physically.

So no, this isn't going to be a learning experience for him. It's not time for him to toughen up. It's time for a parent to step in and make sure the school does what it's supposed to do. It's time for the bullies to learn their words have consequences.

ETA: I clicked anon by mistake. This is AnnieArk.
Locked Previous topicNext topic