What is wrong with her?!?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am To respond to everyone, since no body thinks anything is wrong with the situation.

I have known her for over 20 years, this just isn't like her at all. She was always the one that believed strongly in monogamist relationships, no S*x before marriage. She has always had male friends but never went "out" with them alone, always in a group.

After her divorce, she said she was just going to focus on the kids until they were 18 THEN she might look for someone romantically. Well all of a sudden she has this situation going on.

As for her kids, she goes and does what she wants (2 of them are older teens, one is 12) she will leave them home alone for a few hours and she will take the 12 yo to stay with her mom/dad.

Don't get me wrong, she is still a great mom and makes sure the kids have all their needs met. They have a clean house, food in the kitchen, they are always on the go with their sports/clubs (which she pays for all on her own, since their dad refuses to work or help with anything)

It's just that over the last 6 months or so my friend has changed so much, I worry about her. She up and left a job of 15 years for another. She had never even mentioned to ANYONE that she wasn't happy at her old job, and then BAM. New job in a totally different field, of work. Then she is seeing 2 different guys when she never believed in that. I am just worried about her.
It seems to me like she's coming out of her shell and figuring out who she is. People change. I've done a complete 180 in the last few years and I don't even recognize the person I used to be. As her friend, you should be supportive of her efforts to be happy.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:27 pm I have been good friends with someone since highschool. She has always been a very modest conservative person. She got married, had 3 kids. He decided to leave because "being a family was too hard". She became a single mom and did what she had to do, her and the kids are doing well.

She didn't date anyone for about 5 years, as far as I know.

Well the other day she mentioned that she was going to dinner with a guy from work (he's about 12 years younger than her). We kept talking, she told me that they go do stuff together all the time (movie's, dinner,lunch, zoo) but that he admitted that he doesn't ever want to take it to the next step and sleep together. (He has met her kids but only in passing and introduced as her friend)

I asked her if she was okay with that and she said that yes, she loves spending time with him and is okay with it because she has a friend "with benefits" situation going on with an old family friend that she has known since they were kids. From what she says he doesn't want to "date" her or go do the stuff with her that the other guy does. (The kids have never met this guy)

She says that both of the guys know about each other and are also okay with the the situation!

Wtf is wrong with her and these guys?!? This is not a good situation for anyone involved.
Are you jealous? Cause you sound kinda jealous.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 am To respond to everyone, since no body thinks anything is wrong with the situation.

I have known her for over 20 years, this just isn't like her at all. She was always the one that believed strongly in monogamist relationships, no S*x before marriage. She has always had male friends but never went "out" with them alone, always in a group.

After her divorce, she said she was just going to focus on the kids until they were 18 THEN she might look for someone romantically. Well all of a sudden she has this situation going on.

As for her kids, she goes and does what she wants (2 of them are older teens, one is 12) she will leave them home alone for a few hours and she will take the 12 yo to stay with her mom/dad.

Don't get me wrong, she is still a great mom and makes sure the kids have all their needs met. They have a clean house, food in the kitchen, they are always on the go with their sports/clubs (which she pays for all on her own, since their dad refuses to work or help with anything)

It's just that over the last 6 months or so my friend has changed so much, I worry about her. She up and left a job of 15 years for another. She had never even mentioned to ANYONE that she wasn't happy at her old job, and then BAM. New job in a totally different field, of work. Then she is seeing 2 different guys when she never believed in that. I am just worried about her.
People change, and they grow. What she once believed aren't her beliefs anymore. She's allowed to think differently. Let her live her life. I don't buy the "I'm worried about her" bs. Sounds more like you want to judge her, and stick your nose where it doesn't belong.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:35 am

People change, and they grow. What she once believed aren't her beliefs anymore. She's allowed to think differently. Let her live her life. I don't buy the "I'm worried about her" bs. Sounds more like you want to judge her, and stick your nose where it doesn't belong.
If she didn't want me to know she wouldn't have told me about it. Yes I am worried about her, sure beliefs change but honestly how many people go from being super conservative in their beliefs about S*x to having a friend's with benefits and another guy she goes out with regularly?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:04 pm

If she didn't want me to know she wouldn't have told me about it. Yes I am worried about her, sure beliefs change but honestly how many people go from being super conservative in their beliefs about S*x to having a friend's with benefits and another guy she goes out with regularly?
A lot of people do that. Stop being so damn ignorant.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So what I"m gathering is you're jealous of your friend being happy in her life and with her situation. mmkay. That's a YOU problem not a her problem. So really you need to ask yourself WTF is wrong with YOU that you feel the need to stick your nose in her business with her platonic guy friend (yes girls can have friends that are guy and have it not be sexual at all) and the guy she's sleeping with. Are you not getting laid? Is that why you're so jealous?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When things can rock their world. She tried the conservative approach, and it didn't work out for her. So, she's doing something different. Keep your worry to yourself. It isn't your life! Period!

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She probably told you about it in the hopes that you would be happy for her that she is enjoying herself. Imagine her shock when you started acting like a judgmental hag. With friends like you... I'll let finish the sentence.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:28 pm

She probably told you about it in the hopes that you would be happy for her that she is enjoying herself. Imagine her shock when you started acting like a judgmental hag. With friends like you... I'll let finish the sentence.
No shit! The poor friend. She just wants to be happy, and OP is being a nosy bitch.

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:30 pm
MeAF wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:28 pm

No shit! The poor friend. She just wants to be happy, and OP is being a nosy bitch.
I think you and the others are right. She's jealous. She is probably stuck in a loveless marriage and is itching for some fun and a good pounding lol! Sounds like the friend is having both and the OP can't handle it!
Locked Previous topicNext topic