What would you do with this info?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So word around town is, my SO was not invited to his son's wedding because his ex wife did not want me and our ds there. We saw his ex wife and his kids once since the wedding and of course it was at his family event. His ex wife makes it a point to show up at literally EVERY event that his family plan and she also made it a point to convince their son to not invite his own father to the wedding. Him and his son do not have a relationship anymore and he only spoke to his daughter since the wedding. His sister is having a Halloween party and his mother will be there. This will be the first time I meet his mother, she lives across the country. When his sister first sent out the invites on Facebook, his ex wife was literally the first person to RSVP within seconds. And before any of you say anything, I don't care that she will be there but my SO does and he is trying to convince me not to go. We already missed a few family events because she was there. My mom told me to stop missing events because its depriving my ds of time with his family.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Why do you want to go? You don't like your so or his family. It's not believable you want your son to know his family, you want to go there so you can start shit with his ex. Admit it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Word around town? How close by are his ex and their children?
Has his family shown interest in knowing you or your child?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 am Why do you want to go? You don't like your so or his family. It's not believable you want your son to know his family, you want to go there so you can start shit with his ex. Admit it.
Lol you sound ridiculous. I have no issues with his family and I'm pretty close to his niece. Her mother is the one having the party so she and her kids will be there and his mom wants to finally meet ds. Going to the party has nothing to do with the ex however not going will be because of her and I don't want to give her that power.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wait. How long have you been together, and you've never met his mom? Have you even talked to her ever?

Honestly, if you want to go, then go. It's your choice. It sounds like maybe she didn't convince the son to not invite his dad, but he didn't invite him because they don't have a relationship, and he didn't want you and your son there. I'm sure it has nothing to do with his son's mom. As far as her going to every event, they have kids together. Why wouldn't she go? Those kids are part of his family, and if she's invited, she has every right to go. Just curious, are you the reason their relationship ended? Because if you are, that right there speaks a lot about why nobody wants you there.

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:49 am Word around town? How close by are his ex and their children?
Has his family shown interest in knowing you or your child?
They live about an hour away. We got this information from a friend of hers. His family loves ds and they show tons of interest in him and me as well. We are invited to everything.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If his Mother is visiting from across the country I would try to make time to see her in a quieter setting. Invite her for dinner, or visit her with SO and DS. A big party is not the best way to meet anyone or have quality time with a grandparent.

If you SO does not want to go to these "family" events because his ex-wife is there, I would not force it. There may be a lot more to it than you know.

If you want your DS to have extended family then you should cultivate it. Invite his daughter and son over for a cookout with their families. Or host a family outing at a park. Or plan a gift exchange and cookie party for the holiday. Start your own traditions and invite them to join you.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:51 am Wait. How long have you been together, and you've never met his mom? Have you even talked to her ever?

Honestly, if you want to go, then go. It's your choice. It sounds like maybe she didn't convince the son to not invite his dad, but he didn't invite him because they don't have a relationship, and he didn't want you and your son there. I'm sure it has nothing to do with his son's mom. As far as her going to every event, they have kids together. Why wouldn't she go? Those kids are part of his family, and if she's invited, she has every right to go. Just curious, are you the reason their relationship ended? Because if you are, that right there speaks a lot about why nobody wants you there.
I've known him for 8 years and never met his mom or spoken to her. His mom lives across the country and didn't even bother to come to their father funeral. I met him about 5 years after their divorce and he he has always tried to maintain a good relationship with his kids but their mother made it difficult, I witnessed that first hand. Him and his ds was not on bad terms before the wedding so it was shocking for him not to get an invite. I wasn't going to go to the wedding even if I was invited because I hate feeling awkward and making others feel awkward.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Why would he want to go to a party that his ex-wife is going to? And I disagree with your mother. You can invite his family to visit you.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's a shame that his relationship with his child is completely over. It's especially sad given that you're the reason the final nail was driven into the coffin with the wedding invite situation, when you detest this man so badly but keep hanging on by your nails. Do you feel any guilt or sense of responsibility at all?
Locked Previous topicNext topic