Thoughts?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

7byher wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:07 pm "Sorry we were in the bathroom." How late was she?
We went to the bathroom 10-15 minutes after the party ended and everyone else left. My little one drank a juice box and cup of water, so I was definitely insisting he pee before the 30 minute drive home.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:10 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:05 pm
CandTmom wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:01 pm I wouldn't say anything. I also would never take a child in my car without his or her parent knowing.
I said in the OP I was going to call first.
This is what you posted

I told him that I was going to call his parents when we finished in the bathroom, and if I couldn’t get in touch with them I had an extra car seat in my trunk and he could come to our house until his parents could pick him up.
If his parents didn’t pick up their phones I absolutely would have brought him home with me. He spent 5 hours at my house on Monday (school was closed if that makes a difference).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 pm I don't think I would have said anything to the parent. I will say that I would not have just taken someone's child from a place without speaking to the parent. All I can think of is that parent showing up right after you left and realizing their child is nowhere to be found. I would have called the parent if I had their number and let them know I was there with the child and that I'd wait there until they showed up to get the child so they did not worry.
I didn’t leave. I brought him into the bathroom so he wasn’t alone.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The host of the birthday party should be the one to take care of this.

How late was this drop-off kid's parent?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:05 pm

I said in the OP I was going to call first.
This is what you posted

I told him that I was going to call his parents when we finished in the bathroom, and if I couldn’t get in touch with them I had an extra car seat in my trunk and he could come to our house until his parents could pick him up.
If his parents didn’t pick up their phones I absolutely would have brought him home with me. He spent 5 hours at my house on Monday (school was closed if that makes a difference).
If you don't have his parents permission to take him it doesn't matter at all.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:13 pm

This is what you posted

If you don't have his parents permission to take him it doesn't matter at all.
If his parents didn’t show up, I would have brought him home after trying to get in touch with them. That’s certainly better than leaving a 4 year old alone.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I was thinking about the part about having the extra seat and then going home bit.. I would not take it upon myself to even entertain the thought due to the insanity that would ensue ( missing child, possibly reported missing to authorities, that kind of thing).

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:15 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 pm I don't think I would have said anything to the parent. I will say that I would not have just taken someone's child from a place without speaking to the parent. All I can think of is that parent showing up right after you left and realizing their child is nowhere to be found. I would have called the parent if I had their number and let them know I was there with the child and that I'd wait there until they showed up to get the child so they did not worry.
I didn’t leave. I brought him into the bathroom so he wasn’t alone.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 pm Today I took YDS to a birthday party at one of those places where they have trampolines, a ball pit, inflatables, etc. There were 30-40 kids at the party, and the girl is new to YDS’s preschool, so the parents of the birthday girl didn’t know all of the kids.

There was only one boy that was a drop off. I know him and have had him over for play dates, so I kept an eye on him.

When the party was over, I mulled about for 10 minutes waiting for someone to show up for the kid that was dropped off. When we didn’t see anyone, I took YDS to the bathroom with the drop off kid, and mom showed up at some point during that time.

I’m sure she was terrified, but her child was asking what was going to happen if no one picked him up. I told him that I was going to call his parents when we finished in the bathroom, and if I couldn’t get in touch with them I had an extra car seat in my trunk and he could come to our house until his parents could pick him up.

What, if anything, would you say to mom? To put it into perspective, the child had no idea if mom, dad, or nanny was picking him up. And there were two other birthday parties going on, so I didn’t feel like I should leave him alone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 pm Today I took YDS to a birthday party at one of those places where they have trampolines, a ball pit, inflatables, etc. There were 30-40 kids at the party, and the girl is new to YDS’s preschool, so the parents of the birthday girl didn’t know all of the kids.

There was only one boy that was a drop off. I know him and have had him over for play dates, so I kept an eye on him.

When the party was over, I mulled about for 10 minutes waiting for someone to show up for the kid that was dropped off. When we didn’t see anyone, I took YDS to the bathroom with the drop off kid, and mom showed up at some point during that time.

I’m sure she was terrified, but her child was asking what was going to happen if no one picked him up. I told him that I was going to call his parents when we finished in the bathroom, and if I couldn’t get in touch with them I had an extra car seat in my trunk and he could come to our house until his parents could pick him up.

What, if anything, would you say to mom? To put it into perspective, the child had no idea if mom, dad, or nanny was picking him up. And there were two other birthday parties going on, so I didn’t feel like I should leave him alone.
You’re batshit crazy for quoting this and not responding.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think you should say anything. I think it's the hosts responsibility to deal with that..

When I hosted parties at venues with drop off kids I made it a point to talk to the parent and let them know they needed to be back at the venue promptly at a certain time. I also included the same message on the invitations. parent were expected to be on time picking up drop offs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic