Goodbye letter

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If someone told you that someone killed themselves and wrote a goodbye letter and part of that letter stated they did NOT want you at their funeral, would you go to the funeral?
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’d respect the wishes of the dead.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Depends.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'd respect their wishes.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

No, because the funeral isn't about the person mentioned in the letter. The wishes of the deceased should be respected.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would not go.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I disagree with what many have posted, in my opinion, the funeral is not about the deceased, BUT actually about the loved ones who are very much alive and grieving. In my opinion, the deceased is at peace, he/she no longer has or needs earthly requests. The funeral ritual is completely for and about the remaining Earth bound living, saying good-bye and celebrating the life that the person once had.

Through this ritual, many of these loved ones are comforted, knowing that they are honoring a memory by following the wishes or requests made by the deceased, when he/she was still alive -- so if loved ones wished I stay away for that reason, then I likely would not attend. BUT if being present would provided the living comfort, I would likely choose to be there.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

No... screw em’ then.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, I wouldn't go.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent