I was on the phone for 1.5 hours and spoke to EIGHT people!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Just cut to the chase and email medicaid, the insurance company and social security, the same email stating the kids are not on medicaid and you will not be paying anything at all because they are now on dh's insurance. Keep copies of these emails in case they try to sue you take this to collections Easy peasy and no stress
There must have been a typo in my OP. Social security isn’t involved in this. It’s social services ( Medicaid) and the branch that deals with the premium package part of Medicaid. I don’t have an email for Medicaid and that’s who I spoke to on the phone for 1.5 ( social services).
Social services says they are not on the insurance. They show on their end that they have not had Medicaid ( premium package) since Aug 1st. But premium package said they see where it ended August first but some how it was reopened August 15th for the premium package.
Then email the Commissioner of Social Services in your city and the insurance company explaining whats going on and keep copies of the emails. You have done more than your fair share to fix this situation and can do no more. Its now up the offices and officials to correct their mistake
I’ve never done this before. Do you know how I can get that email? When you say insurance company are you talking about the premium package part of Medicaid? Not my husbands insurance company they are on now?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm

There must have been a typo in my OP. Social security isn’t involved in this. It’s social services ( Medicaid) and the branch that deals with the premium package part of Medicaid. I don’t have an email for Medicaid and that’s who I spoke to on the phone for 1.5 ( social services).
Social services says they are not on the insurance. They show on their end that they have not had Medicaid ( premium package) since Aug 1st. But premium package said they see where it ended August first but some how it was reopened August 15th for the premium package.
Then email the Commissioner of Social Services in your city and the insurance company explaining whats going on and keep copies of the emails. You have done more than your fair share to fix this situation and can do no more. Its now up the offices and officials to correct their mistake
I’ve never done this before. Do you know how I can get that email? When you say insurance company are you talking about the premium package part of Medicaid? Not my husbands insurance company they are on now?
Give me the name of the city & state you live in, I'll find it for you it will be easier and faster. Email Medicaid about the premiums you are being requested to pay, not dh's insurance company
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:59 pm

Give me the name of the city & state you live in, I'll find it for you it will be easier and faster. Email Medicaid about the premiums you are being requested to pay, not dh's insurance company
I may sound like a scaredy cat but I’m afraid to give that information even if I’m anonymous. I may have said something in the past or say something innocently and someone could know who I am and have that information. You can’t be too careful on here. Please forgive me for being overly cautious.
I plan on going back to the Medicaid office and try to speak to someone in person. Maybe I can ask them. Any tips what I should say?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:08 pm

I may sound like a scaredy cat but I’m afraid to give that information even if I’m anonymous. I may have said something in the past or say something innocently and someone could know who I am and have that information. You can’t be too careful on here. Please forgive me for being overly cautious.
I plan on going back to the Medicaid office and try to speak to someone in person. Maybe I can ask them. Any tips what I should say?
I understand.
Okay go to your city website and look for the Office of the Mayor and then find the City Officials, they will be listed as "Agency & Office Officials"
Social Services may be listed as Social Services or Human Resources. Here if you click on the officials name it will take you straight to where you can send then an email. You may be sent a copy of the email or not, so take a screen shot of the email you sent then just in case and save that.

Here is the government link to Medicaid and the regional offices. Just look for the one for your state and the email is right there with a name , address and email
https://www.medicaid.gov/about-us/contact-us/index.html
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I had this problem pulling my kids off of healtht families. They eventually just told me to ignore the Bill's until I was canceled for nonpayment. It was the only way to get them off of it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Yup... good old government
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:08 pm

I understand.
Okay go to your city website and look for the Office of the Mayor and then find the City Officials, they will be listed as "Agency & Office Officials"
Social Services may be listed as Social Services or Human Resources. Here if you click on the officials name it will take you straight to where you can send then an email. You may be sent a copy of the email or not, so take a screen shot of the email you sent then just in case and save that.

Here is the government link to Medicaid and the regional offices. Just look for the one for your state and the email is right there with a name , address and email
https://www.medicaid.gov/about-us/contact-us/index.html
Thank you for your help.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm My kids were on Medicaid. We made too much for regular Medical so they were on a premium package. In June/July my husband got a good paying job and put them on his insurance. So I went to the social service office to tell them I didn’t need the insurance for them anymore. They had me sign an opt out paper that I didn’t want them on Medicaid anymore. I was told I still owed a payment and the insurance would discontinue Aug 1st.
I got a bill today. I was expecting to pay the missed payment ( one payment). It had three payments owed. Two were from September and October.
I called the premium package number to ask what was going on. The first person said I had to call social services. So I called them. They said the computer showed the kids no longer had insurance since July 31st, effective Aug 1st. So I asked why am I being billed for September and October. They don’t have the insurance anymore. They are on my husbands insurance. They told me to call the premium package number back and tell them it is in the system that they no longer have it.
I called premium back and someone else told me that it showed they no longer had regular Medicaid. It showed it stopped Aug 1st. But it still had it open under the premium. They told me to call social services back because they would be the ones to take it off.
So long story short, when it was all said and done I spent 1.5 hours on the phone and spoke to eight different people! EIGHT!!!!! None of them had an answer. Each said the other was the only one who could fix it. At this point I was getting pissed. The last lady I spoke to was social services and she said she was emailing someone at premium to see if they can fix it. She wants me to wait a few days and call premium back.
This is insane! They don’t have the insurance I can’t use the insurance. I’m not paying for it! And if they don’t get it off it’s judt going to keep adding up. Next month I’ll get a bill for September, October and November.
Why can you not just not pay the premiums for September and October? If you do not pay the premium they will cancel your insurance, right?

I would send their bill back with a note that you terminated August 1 and that you will not be paying the premium as you have them on other coverage.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm My kids were on Medicaid. We made too much for regular Medical so they were on a premium package. In June/July my husband got a good paying job and put them on his insurance. So I went to the social service office to tell them I didn’t need the insurance for them anymore. They had me sign an opt out paper that I didn’t want them on Medicaid anymore. I was told I still owed a payment and the insurance would discontinue Aug 1st.
I got a bill today. I was expecting to pay the missed payment ( one payment). It had three payments owed. Two were from September and October.
I called the premium package number to ask what was going on. The first person said I had to call social services. So I called them. They said the computer showed the kids no longer had insurance since July 31st, effective Aug 1st. So I asked why am I being billed for September and October. They don’t have the insurance anymore. They are on my husbands insurance. They told me to call the premium package number back and tell them it is in the system that they no longer have it.
I called premium back and someone else told me that it showed they no longer had regular Medicaid. It showed it stopped Aug 1st. But it still had it open under the premium. They told me to call social services back because they would be the ones to take it off.
So long story short, when it was all said and done I spent 1.5 hours on the phone and spoke to eight different people! EIGHT!!!!! None of them had an answer. Each said the other was the only one who could fix it. At this point I was getting pissed. The last lady I spoke to was social services and she said she was emailing someone at premium to see if they can fix it. She wants me to wait a few days and call premium back.
This is insane! They don’t have the insurance I can’t use the insurance. I’m not paying for it! And if they don’t get it off it’s judt going to keep adding up. Next month I’ll get a bill for September, October and November.
Why can you not just not pay the premiums for September and October? If you do not pay the premium they will cancel your insurance, right?

I would send their bill back with a note that you terminated August 1 and that you will not be paying the premium as you have them on other coverage.
I think you misunderstood. I no longer have the insurance for my kids. I canceled it when I signed the opt out paper. My husband is making good money now and has good insurance so we didn’t want the Medicaid anymore. The Medicaid ended Aug 1st but they are sending me bills for September and October, months that they do not and will not have Medicaid. We are paying for insurance through my husbands work I don’t want to pay for Medicaid insurance on top of that and especially since we can’t use the Medicaid. It’s closed. I would be paying for something we can’t use and throwing that money away. That money could go towards other bills like a light bill or go to food on the table.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Their insurance is through my husbands work now. They don’t have Medicaid. Medicaid still wants paid the premium I use to pay for it. If I don’t pay it it doesn’t mean their current insurance will be canceled. Their current insurance is taken out of my husbands check. This is a bill for Medicaid insurance that we no longer have and haven’t had since August but they want payment for September and October.
Locked Previous topicNext topic