I was on the phone for 1.5 hours and spoke to EIGHT people!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My kids were on Medicaid. We made too much for regular Medical so they were on a premium package. In June/July my husband got a good paying job and put them on his insurance. So I went to the social service office to tell them I didn’t need the insurance for them anymore. They had me sign an opt out paper that I didn’t want them on Medicaid anymore. I was told I still owed a payment and the insurance would discontinue Aug 1st.
I got a bill today. I was expecting to pay the missed payment ( one payment). It had three payments owed. Two were from September and October.
I called the premium package number to ask what was going on. The first person said I had to call social services. So I called them. They said the computer showed the kids no longer had insurance since July 31st, effective Aug 1st. So I asked why am I being billed for September and October. They don’t have the insurance anymore. They are on my husbands insurance. They told me to call the premium package number back and tell them it is in the system that they no longer have it.
I called premium back and someone else told me that it showed they no longer had regular Medicaid. It showed it stopped Aug 1st. But it still had it open under the premium. They told me to call social services back because they would be the ones to take it off.
So long story short, when it was all said and done I spent 1.5 hours on the phone and spoke to eight different people! EIGHT!!!!! None of them had an answer. Each said the other was the only one who could fix it. At this point I was getting pissed. The last lady I spoke to was social services and she said she was emailing someone at premium to see if they can fix it. She wants me to wait a few days and call premium back.
This is insane! They don’t have the insurance I can’t use the insurance. I’m not paying for it! And if they don’t get it off it’s judt going to keep adding up. Next month I’ll get a bill for September, October and November.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

When I call the number that lets you pay the premium over the phone it says I owe for July ( the last payment that was missed while I was in the process of switching insurance) and then it goes to a payment that was due Sept 1st and a payment due October 1st.
It skips Aug because that’s when the case was closed. Someone from the premium said some how it got opened back up Aug 15th and that’s why I now have a September and October payment. It isn’t open. I can’t use it. The card doesn’t work!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm My kids were on Medicaid. We made too much for regular Medical so they were on a premium package. In June/July my husband got a good paying job and put them on his insurance. So I went to the social service office to tell them I didn’t need the insurance for them anymore. They had me sign an opt out paper that I didn’t want them on Medicaid anymore. I was told I still owed a payment and the insurance would discontinue Aug 1st.
I got a bill today. I was expecting to pay the missed payment ( one payment). It had three payments owed. Two were from September and October.
I called the premium package number to ask what was going on. The first person said I had to call social services. Do I called them. They said the computer showed the kids no longer had insurance since July 31st, effective Aug 1st. So I asked why am I being billed for September and October. They don’t have the insurance anymore. They are on my husbands insurance. They told me to call the premium package number back and tell them it is in the system that they no longer have it.
I called premium back and someone else told me that it showed they no longer had regular Medicaid. It showed it stopped Aug 1st. But it still had it open under the premium. They told me to call social security back because they would be the ones to take it off.
So long story short, when it was all said and done I spent 1.5 hours on the phone and spoke to eight different people! EIGHT!!!!! None of them had an answer. Each said the other was the only one who could fix it. At this point I was getting pissed. The last lady I spoke to was social services and she said she was emailing someone at premium to see if they can fix it. She wants me to wait a few days and call premium back.
This is insane! They don’t have the insurance I can’t use the insurance. I’m not paying for it! And if they don’t get it off it’s judt going to keep adding up. Next month I’ll get a bill for September, October and November.
Just cut to the chase and email medicaid, the insurance company and social security, the same email stating the kids are not on medicaid and you will not be paying anything at all because they are now on dh's insurance. Keep copies of these emails in case they try to sue you take this to collections Easy peasy and no stress
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I dont know what medicaid is but this sounds like a pain

So glad my insurance is easy to deal with. We are all on medicare and have a great private insurance company that has never given me any problems. I couldnt deal with this kind of shit
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm My kids were on Medicaid. We made too much for regular Medical so they were on a premium package. In June/July my husband got a good paying job and put them on his insurance. So I went to the social service office to tell them I didn’t need the insurance for them anymore. They had me sign an opt out paper that I didn’t want them on Medicaid anymore. I was told I still owed a payment and the insurance would discontinue Aug 1st.
I called the premium package number to ask what was going on. The first person said I had to call social services. Do I called them. They said the computer showed the kids no longer had insurance since July 31st, effective Aug 1st. So I asked why am I being billed for September and October. They don’t have the insurance anymore. They are on my husbands insurance. They told me to call the premium package number back and tell them it is in the system that they no longer have it.
I called premium back and someone else told me that it showed they no longer had regular Medicaid. It showed it stopped Aug 1st. But it still had it open under the premium. They told me to call social security back because they would be the ones to take it off.
Just cut to the chase and email medicaid, the insurance company and social security, the same email stating the kids are not on medicaid and you will not be paying anything at all because they are now on dh's insurance. Keep copies of these emails in case they try to sue you take this to collections Easy peasy and no stress
There must have been a typo in my OP. Social security isn’t involved in this. It’s social services ( Medicaid) and the branch that deals with the premium package part of Medicaid. I don’t have an email for Medicaid and that’s who I spoke to on the phone for 1.5 ( social services).
Social services says they are not on the insurance. They show on their end that they have not had Medicaid ( premium package) since Aug 1st. But premium package said they see where it ended August first but some how it was reopened August 15th for the premium package.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:25 pm I dont know what medicaid is but this sounds like a pain

So glad my insurance is easy to deal with. We are all on medicare and have a great private insurance company that has never given me any problems. I couldnt deal with this kind of shit
It’s state insurance. It isn’t a pain if you qualify for free insurance without paying a premium. If you don’t qualify for that but qualify for the premium package which is low cost insurance that you pay for that’s when it gets complicated because then you have people to deal with at more than one place and they had me hopping back and forth from one to the other for 1.5 hours.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m so frustrated and I don’t know what to do.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How much are the premiums?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm
There must have been a typo in my OP. Social security isn’t involved in this. It’s social services ( Medicaid) and the branch that deals with the premium package part of Medicaid. I don’t have an email for Medicaid and that’s who I spoke to on the phone for 1.5 ( social services).
Social services says they are not on the insurance. They show on their end that they have not had Medicaid ( premium package) since Aug 1st. But premium package said they see where it ended August first but some how it was reopened August 15th for the premium package.
Then email the Commissioner of Social Services in your city and the insurance company explaining whats going on and keep copies of the emails. You have done more than your fair share to fix this situation and can do no more. Its now up the offices and officials to correct their mistake
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:37 pm How much are the premiums?
$70 a month. I owe $70 from the month I was getting things switched over and I plan on paying that but the bill I got says I owe $210 because they say I owe for September and October during months they didn’t have the insurance. I owe for July. But it says I owe July, September and October. If it isn’t fixed next month it will say I owe for November too and it will just keep growing till it’s fixed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic