I was on the phone for 1.5 hours and spoke to EIGHT people!

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:58 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 pm My kids were on Medicaid. We made too much for regular Medical so they were on a premium package. In June/July my husband got a good paying job and put them on his insurance. So I went to the social service office to tell them I didn’t need the insurance for them anymore. They had me sign an opt out paper that I didn’t want them on Medicaid anymore. I was told I still owed a payment and the insurance would discontinue Aug 1st.
I got a bill today. I was expecting to pay the missed payment ( one payment). It had three payments owed. Two were from September and October.
I called the premium package number to ask what was going on. The first person said I had to call social services. So I called them. They said the computer showed the kids no longer had insurance since July 31st, effective Aug 1st. So I asked why am I being billed for September and October. They don’t have the insurance anymore. They are on my husbands insurance. They told me to call the premium package number back and tell them it is in the system that they no longer have it.
I called premium back and someone else told me that it showed they no longer had regular Medicaid. It showed it stopped Aug 1st. But it still had it open under the premium. They told me to call social services back because they would be the ones to take it off.
So long story short, when it was all said and done I spent 1.5 hours on the phone and spoke to eight different people! EIGHT!!!!! None of them had an answer. Each said the other was the only one who could fix it. At this point I was getting pissed. The last lady I spoke to was social services and she said she was emailing someone at premium to see if they can fix it. She wants me to wait a few days and call premium back.
This is insane! They don’t have the insurance I can’t use the insurance. I’m not paying for it! And if they don’t get it off it’s judt going to keep adding up. Next month I’ll get a bill for September, October and November.
Why can you not just not pay the premiums for September and October? If you do not pay the premium they will cancel your insurance, right?

I would send their bill back with a note that you terminated August 1 and that you will not be paying the premium as you have them on other coverage.
I think you misunderstood. I no longer have the insurance for my kids. I canceled it when I signed the opt out paper. My husband is making good money now and has good insurance so we didn’t want the Medicaid anymore. The Medicaid ended Aug 1st but they are sending me bills for September and October, months that they do not and will not have Medicaid. We are paying for insurance through my husbands work I don’t want to pay for Medicaid insurance on top of that and especially since we can’t use the Medicaid. It’s closed. I would be paying for something we can’t use and throwing that money away. That money could go towards other bills like a light bill or go to food on the table.
Yes that's why I was suggesting returning the bill to them with just a note stating that you already canceled since the phone call isn't working. That's why I asked the question won't it just confirm the cancellation anyway if you don't pay those premiums, since they can not get their act together when you call them.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:04 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Why can you not just not pay the premiums for September and October? If you do not pay the premium they will cancel your insurance, right?

I would send their bill back with a note that you terminated August 1 and that you will not be paying the premium as you have them on other coverage.
I think you misunderstood. I no longer have the insurance for my kids. I canceled it when I signed the opt out paper. My husband is making good money now and has good insurance so we didn’t want the Medicaid anymore. The Medicaid ended Aug 1st but they are sending me bills for September and October, months that they do not and will not have Medicaid. We are paying for insurance through my husbands work I don’t want to pay for Medicaid insurance on top of that and especially since we can’t use the Medicaid. It’s closed. I would be paying for something we can’t use and throwing that money away. That money could go towards other bills like a light bill or go to food on the table.
Yes that's why I was suggesting returning the bill to them with just a note stating that you already canceled since the phone call isn't working. That's why I asked the question won't it just confirm the cancellation anyway if you don't pay those premiums, since they can not get their act together when you call them.
I’m sorry. I’m the one who misunderstood your comment. Lol I thought you asked why I couldn’t just pay the premium.
I don’t think sending it back and saying it’s been canceled will do anything. When it comes to the government it’s never that simple. I have been told in the past that if a bill isn’t paid it could go against me. I’m guessing that means going to collections. If I don’t get this fixed and have them acknowledge their mess up I’m afraid it’s going to turn into a big bill before it gets canceled and they will expect me to pay it since it says I owe it. I have found in the past that it’s hard to argue these things. They don’t like to admit when they make a mistake unless they catch it themselves first. A letter won’t do more than the phone call. I probably wouldn’t even hear back from them until I got the next bill with November added on. I’m hoping the email the last lady sent will get to the right person to get this fixed. If not I hope the people in the office will at least attempt to help me but unfortunately they aren’t very helpful to begin with.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 pm

I’m sorry. I’m the one who misunderstood your comment. Lol I thought you asked why I couldn’t just pay the premium.
I don’t think sending it back and saying it’s been canceled will do anything. When it comes to the government it’s never that simple. I have been told in the past that if a bill isn’t paid it could go against me. I’m guessing that means going to collections. If I don’t get this fixed and have them acknowledge their mess up I’m afraid it’s going to turn into a big bill before it gets canceled and they will expect me to pay it since it says I owe it. I have found in the past that it’s hard to argue these things. They don’t like to admit when they make a mistake unless they catch it themselves first. A letter won’t do more than the phone call. I probably wouldn’t even hear back from them until I got the next bill with November added on. I’m hoping the email the last lady sent will get to the right person to get this fixed. If not I hope the people in the office will at least attempt to help me but unfortunately they aren’t very helpful to begin with.
Good luck momma! It sounds extra frustrating!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Good luck momma! It sounds extra frustrating!
Thank you
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Meh..

You get what you pay for...
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Cyborg Hare!
Locked Previous topicNext topic