I dont care if she bought a plane ticket, she is still not staying with us

Anonymous 11

Unread post

So you will exit the 2 bedroom home how? Oh wait, I know! All homes on Trolltown locates on Main St and Harry Ave have garages with driveways out of view of the front door!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:19 pm What are you going to do when the doorbell rings and it's her at the door?
Not answer it.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:31 pm This has already been done, and done, and done, and done, and done, and done.
And people keep having similar experiences. That's life.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:31 pm You don’t want her to be there , help with the baby, even thou she’s a grandma???
What the hell!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm MIL wanted to stay with us for 2 months after my baby is born. I told her no from the start. I dont want guests after my baby is born especially not for 2 months.

She sent a message and screenshot to DH and myself saying she bought a plane ticket for next week which is a week before my due date. She was saying she was so excited to be staying with us to help with the baby.

DH called her right away asking why she would do that when we told her no. She said she thought we would change our minds especially when the baby is here. I am not going to change my mind. I told her she can not stay with us. I cant stop her from coming but she needs to find her own accommodations

She says she doesnt have the money for it. That isnt our problem. She has always been a little overbearing but this is a whole new level. It would be better if she just doesnt come at all but if she does she isnt staying with us for even one night.
Not everyone wants to have houseguests for an extended period of time right after a baby. Why is that so hard to understand? My mil was only allowed to stay a week after my 2nd was born and that's only because it was Thanksgiving a few days after she was born. If not she would have been allowed to stay at my house for 2 days. Because by then I'm ready to be able to have routine back.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:01 am So you will exit the 2 bedroom home how? Oh wait, I know! All homes on Trolltown locates on Main St and Harry Ave have garages with driveways out of view of the front door!

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:19 pm What are you going to do when the doorbell rings and it's her at the door?
Not answer it.
Or wait until she leaves.....🙄🤦
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would not want my MIL staying with us either. She has never made me feel as though she respects me or loves me unconditionally. She is very opinionated and we have little common ground to relate to each other about.

I would be OK with my mom & dad, but I have a closer relationship with them, so I would not feel so judged on a daily basis.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I know I've read this on this site before...

Anonymous 1

Unread post

2 bedroom? Now you are just making stuff up.
All we would have to do is get in the car and go. She would see it but oh well
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:01 am So you will exit the 2 bedroom home how? Oh wait, I know! All homes on Trolltown locates on Main St and Harry Ave have garages with driveways out of view of the front door!

Not answer it.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

You said you don’t have a guest room. So I’m not making things up, just surmising.

But it really doesn’t matter as it’s Trollville...so...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 am 2 bedroom? Now you are just making stuff up.

Not answer it.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sure the staying for a month or longer is definitely untrue...however, not having a guest room? We don't. We have a 3BR/2 BA home with a bonus room that is DH's office since he works from home. We have the master bedroom/bath, each of the girls have a room and share a bathroom and then Dh's office is the bonus room over the garage. When my mom comes to visit she sleeps with our 13 year old on her daybed. One day we will have a guest room...like, when the children are in college and we have retired and moved into a different home. LOL

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:52 pm You said you don’t have a guest room. So I’m not making things up, just surmising.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 am 2 bedroom? Now you are just making stuff up.

Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Not having a guest room doesn't mean I have a 2 bedroom house.
Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:52 pm You said you don’t have a guest room. So I’m not making things up, just surmising.

Locked Previous topicNext topic