I dont care if she bought a plane ticket, she is still not staying with us

Anonymous 8

Unread post

You don’t want her to be there , help with the baby, even thou she’s a grandma???
What the hell!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm MIL wanted to stay with us for 2 months after my baby is born. I told her no from the start. I dont want guests after my baby is born especially not for 2 months.

She sent a message and screenshot to DH and myself saying she bought a plane ticket for next week which is a week before my due date. She was saying she was so excited to be staying with us to help with the baby.

DH called her right away asking why she would do that when we told her no. She said she thought we would change our minds especially when the baby is here. I am not going to change my mind. I told her she can not stay with us. I cant stop her from coming but she needs to find her own accommodations

She says she doesnt have the money for it. That isnt our problem. She has always been a little overbearing but this is a whole new level. It would be better if she just doesnt come at all but if she does she isnt staying with us for even one night.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm This happens a lot around here.
Always in Cafe Land.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 pm

How dumb. I would have complete say lol. Would not happen in my home.
Why wouldn’t your DH have equal say? I don’t think anyone would want a house guest for 2 months, but they is certainly a compromise available here. I would never tell my DH his mother couldn’t come, but I would offer suggestions about how long she should stay.
Because he just doesn’t. I run things around here. From cleaning to what we have for dinner to house guests. MIL would certainly be welcome to visit a new baby but to stay there for 2 months? Hell no. I have my routine.
Yep.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk where you find these people. My retired friends must be cold hearted. They have lives. They're not going to stay where they're not welcome for two months.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I dont need the help. I want to bond with my baby.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:31 pm You don’t want her to be there , help with the baby, even thou she’s a grandma???
What the hell!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm MIL wanted to stay with us for 2 months after my baby is born. I told her no from the start. I dont want guests after my baby is born especially not for 2 months.

She sent a message and screenshot to DH and myself saying she bought a plane ticket for next week which is a week before my due date. She was saying she was so excited to be staying with us to help with the baby.

DH called her right away asking why she would do that when we told her no. She said she thought we would change our minds especially when the baby is here. I am not going to change my mind. I told her she can not stay with us. I cant stop her from coming but she needs to find her own accommodations

She says she doesnt have the money for it. That isnt our problem. She has always been a little overbearing but this is a whole new level. It would be better if she just doesnt come at all but if she does she isnt staying with us for even one night.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:31 pm You don’t want her to be there , help with the baby, even thou she’s a grandma???
What the hell!

I wouldn't want someone staying with me for two months. Coming over to help every once in awhile would be one thing. Being there for an extended period of time. No thanks! And before you say it. Nope, wouldn't even allow my own mother to stay over that long.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 9

Unread post

You sound so pleasant.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Attachments
giphy (45).gif
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Oh joy. Another episode of Disfunctional Family Is Us.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I can't even imagine wanting to stay with any of my kids for two weeks, much less two months. I raised them. They can raise their own. I can finally take off and do what I like. I want to be Gram, not mommy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic