I dont care if she bought a plane ticket, she is still not staying with us

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:01 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 pm Dh will let her stay regardless.

But its cute that you think you have some say.
How dumb. I would have complete say lol. Would not happen in my home.
I don't recall asking you.
Don’t care lol. This is a message board. People post stuff then people reply. Are you new here?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

She's gonna have to follow that up with:

and this

and this

:lol: :twisted: :lol:

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:19 pm What are you going to do when the doorbell rings and it's her at the door?
Not answer it.
That's it?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Why wouldn’t your DH have equal say? I don’t think anyone would want a house guest for 2 months, but they is certainly a compromise available here. I would never tell my DH his mother couldn’t come, but I would offer suggestions about how long she should stay.
Because he just doesn’t. I run things around here. From cleaning to what we have for dinner to house guests. MIL would certainly be welcome to visit a new baby but to stay there for 2 months? Hell no. I have my routine.
Ha - you remind me of a number of my friends that are very smart, but have spent a lot of their lives as SAHMs. They try to channel all of that intelligence into managing their households or PTA type stuff!

In case I need to say this - it’s not a bash, it’s a compliment.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This has already been done, and done, and done, and done, and done, and done.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Why wouldn’t your DH have equal say? I don’t think anyone would want a house guest for 2 months, but they is certainly a compromise available here. I would never tell my DH his mother couldn’t come, but I would offer suggestions about how long she should stay.
Because he just doesn’t. I run things around here. From cleaning to what we have for dinner to house guests. MIL would certainly be welcome to visit a new baby but to stay there for 2 months? Hell no. I have my routine.
Ha - you remind me of a number of my friends that are very smart, but have spent a lot of their lives as SAHMs. They try to channel all of that intelligence into managing their households or PTA type stuff!

In case I need to say this - it’s not a bash, it’s a compliment.
Well I suppose you did pinpoint me to a tee lol. I am educated , have spent 22 years as a SAHM , and managing the house has been my job and I am very successful at it. Thank you for not bashing .
Anonymous 3

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:01 pm

I don't recall asking you.
Don’t care lol. This is a message board. People post stuff then people reply. Are you

Nope
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 pm Quit being mean she just wants to help you. Start getting the guest room ready.
And have a great time with your MIL. 😁

Mean or not the last thing I want is another person in my home after I just had a baby. Now they wanna come down when the little shit is tearing my house up to help be my guest lmao.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

My mom was with us for about 5 months when my twins were born prematurely and it was a life saver.

I will be forever grateful for her helping me through that scary time.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:31 pm My mom was with us for about 5 months when my twins were born prematurely and it was a life saver.

I will be forever grateful for her helping me through that scary time.
Premature twins is a very different situation than a full term single

In that situation I would still want my own mom over MIL
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My mil showed up at the hospital after ds was born. It was her first grandbaby. She took over doing everything. I was sick from preeclampsia and wanting to kick her out. I did laugh that ds refused to be awake when she was around. I hated it.
I refused to have her fly in until dd was 2 weeks old. It was a better visit. I would go crazy with someone at my house for months. I wanted time to spend with my new baby. I didn't want anyone but dh and our kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic