DD 18 is actively trying to get pregnant

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Her and her wife want a baby. They have their own house and are both working and going to school. I dont like the idea at all. They are trying to get a sperm donor.

I have tried to talk her out of it. Ever since she got with this girl things have moved so fast for them. She moved out one day and was married to this girl 2 months later and now they want a baby.

I dont think they can go to an official place at her age. She told me that I can either be there to support her through this or she wont have me be a part of her life.

This isnt what any mom dreams of for their 18 year old
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you know the legal age to go through that process. I would think at 18 she would be turned down.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:56 pm Do you know the legal age to go through that process. I would think at 18 she would be turned down.
I think she is just going to do the turkey baster method. I don't think it's going to be an official place which worries me more
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:51 pm Her and her wife want a baby. They have their own house and are both working and going to school. I dont like the idea at all. They are trying to get a sperm donor.

I have tried to talk her out of it. Ever since she got with this girl things have moved so fast for them. She moved out one day and was married to this girl 2 months later and now they want a baby.

I dont think they can go to an official place at her age. She told me that I can either be there to support her through this or she wont have me be a part of her life.

You obviously fucked up somewhere if she is acting this immature and stupid at 18
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:51 pm Her and her wife want a baby. They have their own house and are both working and going to school. I dont like the idea at all. They are trying to get a sperm donor.

You obviously fucked up somewhere if she is acting this immature and stupid at 18
I raised her to know right from wrong. That doesnt mean she is always going to listen. She is capable of making her own choices even if they are not what I agree with
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Maybe it will all work out...

Just because something has a slim chance doesn’t mean there is no chance.

I guess all there is to do is support her emotionally while voicing your concerns.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

She may be just trying to see how you'll react to the news. I wouldn't say a word.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Young love is dangerous
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Seems waaaay too young to be having a baby to me, and if it were my child I would voice that opinion and my concerns as to why I feel it's too young.

But if that didn't work and they didn't seem to be listening to reason I would probably choose to just keep my mouth shut so I can at least still be there in their lives to enjoy my grandbaby and be there to help out. It's better than being cut out completely.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or you could try the reverse psychology thing and be uber supportive and all on board and see what that does. Teens have a knack for wanting to do the exact opposite of what their parents want them to do. Maybe if you got all gun-ho it would cause them to back off or slow down a bit.

My mom was 19 when she married my dad who was 34. As you can imagine my Grandparents were very much against the marriage and that just made my mom want to do it that much more. My mom even admitted that to me years after their divorce. But as a 19 year old there was no way she was going to admit that she might be making a mistake.
Locked Previous topicNext topic