DD 18 is actively trying to get pregnant

Anonymous 4

Unread post

When my cousin got with his wife they were married within 6 months. And a baby within A year. They were young too. Now 20 years later... Still going strong
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can see why your are concerned. Having a new baby is stressful during the best of times. Trying to do so while working and going to school does not seem like a good plan. Have you asked her about the plans for child care? Does she plan to finish school?

I would find it hard not to try and change their minds, even though it is futile with most 18 year olds.

You could try a bribe. Let her know you will always be supportive but would like to see her get a degree first. For each semester she completes offer to put $2,000 into a college savings plan for the future baby's education. Give her an incentive to delay, or at least to think about finishing her own degree.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:51 pm Her and her wife want a baby. They have their own house and are both working and going to school. I dont like the idea at all. They are trying to get a sperm donor.

I have tried to talk her out of it. Ever since she got with this girl things have moved so fast for them. She moved out one day and was married to this girl 2 months later and now they want a baby.

I dont think they can go to an official place at her age. She told me that I can either be there to support her through this or she wont have me be a part of her life.

This isnt what any mom dreams of for their 18 year old
You obviously fucked up somewhere if she is acting this immature and stupid at 18
You could just be nice.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm curious how old her wife is. Not that it makes a difference. Is your daughter going to carry the baby, or her wife? If her wife is older, and is going to carry the baby, they may be able to go to a sperm bank and do it that way.

Really, there is nothing you can do. You can support her, and know that she will at least come to you when this all falls apart, or you can tell her you don't support her, and be out of her life. If it was me, I would tell her that I don't agree with it, but I will be there for her if she needs someone. You can still be her mom, even if you don't agree with her choices.

If she was straight, and had a husband, there would be nothing stopping them from having a baby. And that's the issue. You can't control what she does. She's legally an adult. I hope all works out for the best. Just be glad that she is financially stable enough to not have to lean on you for financial support.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:51 pm Her and her wife want a baby. They have their own house and are both working and going to school. I dont like the idea at all. They are trying to get a sperm donor.

I have tried to talk her out of it. Ever since she got with this girl things have moved so fast for them. She moved out one day and was married to this girl 2 months later and now they want a baby.

I dont think they can go to an official place at her age. She told me that I can either be there to support her through this or she wont have me be a part of her life.

This isnt what any mom dreams of for their 18 year old
You obviously fucked up somewhere if she is acting this immature and stupid at 18
I laugh when people say this stupid shit. Especially since most have young kids.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. That's frustrating. Love her unconditionally, that's all I got...

Off-topic, I looked at my 12 year old last night after reading this post and several others and said, "Don't have babies until you are out of college and ESTABLISHED FINANCIALLY, do you understand how important this is? And if you have S*x, you better be DAMN careful."

He looked at me, annoyed, and said, "can't you just be like normal mom, and ignore these topics?" And we laughed. And then my rambling husband started in on the topic and he groaned, "oh my gosh, I'd rather listen to mom." HAHA!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When mine were old enough to understand, I used to say, "Don't have S*x with anyone that you can't see yourself having a baby with." To this day, my kids still talk about how that visual deterred them!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 am I am sorry. That's frustrating. Love her unconditionally, that's all I got...

Off-topic, I looked at my 12 year old last night after reading this post and several others and said, "Don't have babies until you are out of college and ESTABLISHED FINANCIALLY, do you understand how important this is? And if you have S*x, you better be DAMN careful."

He looked at me, annoyed, and said, "can't you just be like normal mom, and ignore these topics?" And we laughed. And then my rambling husband started in on the topic and he groaned, "oh my gosh, I'd rather listen to mom." HAHA!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That works too! I will file this in my repertoire of lectures & advice, lol!
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:21 pm When mine were old enough to understand, I used to say, "Don't have S*x with anyone that you can't see yourself having a baby with." To this day, my kids still talk about how that visual deterred them!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 am I am sorry. That's frustrating. Love her unconditionally, that's all I got...

Anonymous 3

Unread post

;)
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:50 pm That works too! I will file this in my repertoire of lectures & advice, lol!
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:21 pm When mine were old enough to understand, I used to say, "Don't have S*x with anyone that you can't see yourself having a baby with." To this day, my kids still talk about how that visual deterred them!

Locked Previous topicNext topic