Sd is not moving into the house with her baby

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm SD is 23 and has a 5 month old baby. Her and her SO just broke up. She wants to move into our house. I am against it. I dont want a baby in the house. If the baby was coming to visit here and there that is okay, but not all the time. I need to be able to sleep without being woken up by a baby. I have to sleep during the day a lot which would be hard with a baby in the house.

SD is saying she doesnt want to live alone. I understand that would be scary but it isnt a good enough reason for her to move in with us. If it was for a couple weeks while she was finding a place I would be okay with that, but she wants to move in for a year or two.

DH isnt really happy about it I can tell but he would never say anything against it. And before someone tries to make it a SM vs SD situation that isnt the case. My DD wanted to move in once after she had her baby and I told her no too. I love my grandchildren but I dont want them to live with me.

I think things will be tense between SD and me for awhile but she is going to have to get over it.
Boo hoo for her, she's an adult and needs to find her own place to live.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

????
I shit glitter
Anonymous 5

Unread post

And BM is still mad about your vacations
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Your house your rules. I would help her find a place of her own and help her with getting needed furniture for her and the baby.
Some people fear living alone. Hopefully she will adjust soon.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's pretty crappy. But I'm all about helping out my kids. Step or not.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Id never turn my kids away.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Why not agree that she can move in for a month while she’s figuring things out, and if it’s working out let her stay? Why are you assuming it’s going to be terrible?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 pm Why not agree that she can move in for a month while she’s figuring things out, and if it’s working out let her stay? Why are you assuming it’s going to be terrible?
Baby's cry. I don't want that all the time in my house
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:33 pm That's pretty crappy. But I'm all about helping out my kids. Step or not.
We can help her move but that doesn't mean she has to move into our house.

She is never going to get over not wanting to live alone until she finally lives alone
Anonymous 1

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:21 pm Your house your rules. I would help her find a place of her own and help her with getting needed furniture for her and the baby.
Some people fear living alone. Hopefully she will adjust soon.
She has everything she needs. We will even help her move all her stuff

It is easy to find a place here either house or apartment
Locked Previous topicNext topic