Sd is not moving into the house with her baby

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SD is 23 and has a 5 month old baby. Her and her SO just broke up. She wants to move into our house. I am against it. I dont want a baby in the house. If the baby was coming to visit here and there that is okay, but not all the time. I need to be able to sleep without being woken up by a baby. I have to sleep during the day a lot which would be hard with a baby in the house.

SD is saying she doesnt want to live alone. I understand that would be scary but it isnt a good enough reason for her to move in with us. If it was for a couple weeks while she was finding a place I would be okay with that, but she wants to move in for a year or two.

DH isnt really happy about it I can tell but he would never say anything against it. And before someone tries to make it a SM vs SD situation that isnt the case. My DD wanted to move in once after she had her baby and I told her no too. I love my grandchildren but I dont want them to live with me.

I think things will be tense between SD and me for awhile but she is going to have to get over it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I doubt if this was your own daughter you would feel the same. But hey gotta make it good for these troll posts!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:58 pm I doubt if this was your own daughter you would feel the same. But hey gotta make it good for these troll posts!
I literally told my own daughter no. Go back and read the post
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:58 pm I doubt if this was your own daughter you would feel the same. But hey gotta make it good for these troll posts!
You must be so old lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:59 pm
You must be so old lol
I am pretty old. Way too old to deal with a baby every single day. We have been empty nesters for 5 years. I dont want to go back to having kids in the house
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I'll be honest. I'd have sympathy for the girl. But I wouldn't want her and her baby moving in.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm SD is 23 and has a 5 month old baby. Her and her SO just broke up. She wants to move into our house. I am against it. I dont want a baby in the house. If the baby was coming to visit here and there that is okay, but not all the time. I need to be able to sleep without being woken up by a baby. I have to sleep during the day a lot which would be hard with a baby in the house.

SD is saying she doesnt want to live alone. I understand that would be scary but it isnt a good enough reason for her to move in with us. If it was for a couple weeks while she was finding a place I would be okay with that, but she wants to move in for a year or two.

DH isnt really happy about it I can tell but he would never say anything against it. And before someone tries to make it a SM vs SD situation that isnt the case. My DD wanted to move in once after she had her baby and I told her no too. I love my grandchildren but I dont want them to live with me.

I think things will be tense between SD and me for awhile but she is going to have to get over it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope she finds some living arrangement that works out for her!
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't blame you one bit.

She is 23 and doesn't want to live alone? I don't get that part. She is an adult, time to grow up.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In this situation if I did not feel she could move in I would assist her in finding a nearby rental and subsidize it if needed. Of course Father should also be supporting the child, and the rental should be something she can pay for on her own within a year or two when she is on her feet.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm In this situation if I did not feel she could move in I would assist her in finding a nearby rental and subsidize it if needed. Of course Father should also be supporting the child, and the rental should be something she can pay for on her own within a year or two when she is on her feet.
She doesn't need help paying for it but I'd help if she did.

She has a good paying job
Locked Previous topicNext topic