Lease

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If one is on a month-to-month lease, it should be easy to remove one person from the lease, correct? If not, please explain it to me. Not sure how this stuff works. (Hoping to leave DH and get my own place soon.)
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Who signed the lease
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:32 pm If one is on a month-to-month lease, it should be easy to remove one person from the lease, correct? If not, please explain it to me. Not sure how this stuff works. (Hoping to leave DH and get my own place soon.)
It should be but it depends on your state and the leasing agent.

BUT they will need him to sign off to get his name off. That’s something I ran into when I was preparing to leave my husband. Thankfully in my case he wasn’t on the lease but she did tell me that had he been on it they would have needed his signature to get him off the lease.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When I wanted to kick my ex out he wasn't on my lease but the police told me I had to go to court and have him served with a 30 day eviction notice.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m no expert but if I were you I would notify the landlord 30 days prior to when you are moving and tell him you will no longer be renting. He can then deal with your ex and ask if he will be renting still or exiting also.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you ask the person you rent from?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Depending on he laws in your state bring you are month to month its likely you can just move. I give landlords a 30 day notice of my intent to move when I'm in a month to month lease here just as a courtesy. Legally we can just move out before the first of the month here if you are month to month. Check your state laws.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You should be able to go to the leasing agent and formally get your name off the lease so you can move.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t know but good luck with everything.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not sure, but you may want to talk to the leasing agent and asked what they'd recommend.
Locked Previous topicNext topic