This dude missed a test because he got arrested

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Would you allow all excusals? Even this guy???
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:26 pm As a professor, I agree.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm All I'm saying is that a professor who allows no excusals is not a good professor.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 pm Drunk driving resulting in arrest is just stupid . He did it to himself .
An emergency is sometbing that is out of your control that you haven’t caused.
He caused something stupid.
The professor is right. The drunk is stupid and wrong !
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 am Would the same hold true if he was in a bad accident through no fault of his own and was in the hospital unable to contact the professor?

I firmly believe in innocent until proven guilty and while I abhor drunk drivers I wouldn’t penalize him before he’s even been to trial or plead guilty IF a person who’s in the hospital would be given special treatment.
He said he was driving drunk though. He didn't say he was falsely accused of driving drunk.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Driving drunk is despicable , unforgivable, irresponsible and if I were the professor, I’d not only refuse to allow the jerk to retest, I’d think about failing him.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:27 am
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 am Would the same hold true if he was in a bad accident through no fault of his own and was in the hospital unable to contact the professor?

I firmly believe in innocent until proven guilty and while I abhor drunk drivers I wouldn’t penalize him before he’s even been to trial or plead guilty IF a person who’s in the hospital would be given special treatment.
He said he was driving drunk though. He didn't say he was falsely accused of driving drunk.

Doesn’t matter. At this stage in the game he’s innocent until proven guilty.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:19 am

I’m sure they already know he’s guilty of drunk driving- he WAS arrested !!! The idiot.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If there's a confession, no one needs to prove anyone guilty. He's already admitted it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:47 am

If there's a confession, no one needs to prove anyone guilty. He's already admitted it.

Not in my eyes. At this moment he hasn’t been sentenced, hasn’t had his day in court so he’s still innocent until proven guilty.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 am

Not in my eyes. At this moment he hasn’t been sentenced, hasn’t had his day in court so he’s still innocent until proven guilty.
But that's not how the court system works. If someone pleads guilty to something, they will have no "day in court" to have to prove them guilty. There's no trial put on if someone confesses. They go right to sentencing. That would be a huge waste of time and money to go through a trial for everyone who pleads guilty.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Anonymous 4

Unread post

According to OP, " you must notify the professor before you miss the test in order to take a make up exam." So, I'm saying that sometimes a student is not able to "notify the professor before the test." And I'm saying that if the only way a student is permitted to make up an exam is if he has notified the professor beforehand, that's wrong.

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm Who said that he didn’t allow ANY excusals?
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm All I'm saying is that a professor who allows no excusals is not a good professor.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 pm Drunk driving resulting in arrest is just stupid . He did it to himself .
An emergency is sometbing that is out of your control that you haven’t caused.
He caused something stupid.
The professor is right. The drunk is stupid and wrong !
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 am
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 am

But that's not how the court system works. If someone pleads guilty to something, they will have no "day in court" to have to prove them guilty. There's no trial put on if someone confesses. They go right to sentencing. That would be a huge waste of time and money to go through a trial for everyone who pleads guilty.
Many who are guilty even with a confession plead not guilty so they can get plea deal or to plead insanity due to mental illness etc. I watch a lot of dateline, 48 hours, and true crime documentaries and not many even guilty plead guilty unless they are offered a deal before they plea. A lot of defense lawyers say to plea not guilty even if you are so they can work out a deal. Trials are expensive and the prosecution will usually try to work out a deal before to avoid that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic