This dude missed a test because he got arrested

Deleted User 1018

Unread post

I would let the idiot make up the test, if he provided proof he had actually been arrested. He would have received paperwork or something when he was released.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:52 am He wasn’t offered his one phone call?!?
😆😆😆
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:40 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:30 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:28 pm That would fall under emergency. The Professor may not like it but it is a valid reason and excuse and therefore I believe if he takes it further he will be able to retake the test.
At my university it does not fall under an emergency.
Yah I would not call “ drunk driving and a subsequent arrest” an emergency. I call it stupidity.
So would I but at the same time there was no possible way he could have contacted the professor.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Emergencies arise. If this professor allows no room for them, he sucks.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:22 am We had a test on Tuesday. The syllabus says you must notify the professor before you miss the test in order to take a make up exam. This guy didn’t show and didn’t call. Today he comes in asking for a make up exam because he was arrested the night before because he was driving drunk. The professor told him no. Especially with his reason. Now the guy is super pissed because you can’t pass the class with a zero on the test.

He was telling someone he was arrested at 2 Am and couldn’t notify the professor so he thinks he should be exempt from the rule.

I think the professor is right.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Drunk driving resulting in arrest is just stupid . He did it to himself .
An emergency is sometbing that is out of your control that you haven’t caused.
He caused something stupid.
The professor is right. The drunk is stupid and wrong !
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:35 pm Emergencies arise. If this professor allows no room for them, he sucks.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:22 am We had a test on Tuesday. The syllabus says you must notify the professor before you miss the test in order to take a make up exam. This guy didn’t show and didn’t call. Today he comes in asking for a make up exam because he was arrested the night before because he was driving drunk. The professor told him no. Especially with his reason. Now the guy is super pissed because you can’t pass the class with a zero on the test.

He was telling someone he was arrested at 2 Am and couldn’t notify the professor so he thinks he should be exempt from the rule.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Team Professor all the way
Anonymous 4

Unread post

All I'm saying is that a professor who allows no excusals is not a good professor.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 pm Drunk driving resulting in arrest is just stupid . He did it to himself .
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:35 pm Emergencies arise. If this professor allows no room for them, he sucks.

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd let the guy take the exam. People have emergencies all the time over something stupid they did.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Who said that he didn’t allow ANY excusals?
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm All I'm saying is that a professor who allows no excusals is not a good professor.
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:40 pm Drunk driving resulting in arrest is just stupid . He did it to himself .

Anonymous 3

Unread post

As a professor, I agree.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm All I'm saying is that a professor who allows no excusals is not a good professor.

Locked Previous topicNext topic