#sandyhookpromise on twitter

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:10 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 am

I don't know that I've seen anyone refer to a weapon as a "fun toy". Responsible people take weapons seriously.
I've seen it posted here that the AR-15 is fun to shoot at targets. That should not be a criterion to not reinstate the automatic weapons ban.
Again, what is wrong with you those are people children that died in sandy hook without the help of your fucked up mental image of them passing away people could really do without....have a little F***ing decency and admit that was fucked up but Instead you just change the topic.
Because if the nation saw exactly what that weapon did to their bodies, military assault-style weapons would be banned already and none of those mass shootings since December 14, 2012 would have happened. Emmitt Till's mother had an open casket for him for the nation to see what had happened to her boy for just supposedly insulting a white woman. His face and body was beaten to a bloody pulp and then they shot him in the head and dumped his body in a river. It was her intent to have the nation see what racism did to her son. If you're too squeamish, too bad. Those 20 parents lost their children that day forever and the nation STILL will not see that these weapons should never have been placed in the hands of civilians, maybe if the parents had/ or would show what these weapons do to a body, Congress would reenact the automatic weapons ban forever with no expiration date.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:44 am
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:09 pm https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandyHookPr ... htag_click

what are we doing to this generation of kids?
Well I'm not sure what direction this thread has taken, or even what your original intent was, but I'll just agree with Alyssa Milano's comment that we can't let this become the norm for our kids. There is no way in hell that kids should have to go to school ready for battle.
Realistically this is part of the norm for kids in school today. Monthly I know in our district they do lock down drills just for situations like this.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maggie wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 am
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:09 pm https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandyHookPr ... htag_click

what are we doing to this generation of kids?
Well I'm not sure what direction this thread has taken, or even what your original intent was, but I'll just agree with Alyssa Milano's comment that we can't let this become the norm for our kids. There is no way in hell that kids should have to go to school ready for battle.
Realistically this is part of the norm for kids in school today. Monthly I know in our district they do lock down drills just for situations like this.
Only in America is this the norm for first world kids.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 am
Maggie wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 am

Only in America is this the norm for first world kids.
Did I say in other countries this was the norm?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:50 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Please read my response. You can make your point without doing what you just did.
Exactly what is wrong with my response. If people saw the carnage, those weapons would be banned. That's my point. Ya'll see them as fun toys when they're really weapons of death.
I’m vegan and my children know why. Making parents responsible for their children’s deaths is disgusting. The only person responsible is the shooter.
Exactly WHERE did I say that those parents were responsible for their children's deaths? I NEVER DID. You are either drunk or cannot read. And being vegan or not has not a F***ing thing to do with the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:41 pm I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here, but before you answer I’ll point out that I live 25ish miles from Sandy Hook. What happened was absolutely devastating and I would never judge a parent for how they choose to deal with that grief.

If that’s what you’re doing here, why don’t you think about having your Christmas tree up and all the gifts bought for your kindergartener that was so excited to start school, and then spending Christmas knowing your child’s last emotion in life was terror as she was gunned down by a psychopath while trying to hide from him in a closet.
You do realize that this film was produced by the parents of the SandyHook children who were killed, don't you? THEY WANT PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN A SCHOOL SHOOTING. THEY WANT GUN CONTROL LAWS PASSED. THEY WANT MILITARY ASSAULT STYLE WEAPONS BANNED.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:32 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm Very powerful film. It would be better if they could get a Hollywood special effects team in there to show kids with their guts shot out, limbs torn from their bodies, showing exactly what happens to a body when those assault rifles riddle them with bullets and shred their limbs and insides.
But when that's done for anti abortion to make an impact, it's criticized.
The antiabortion people lie out of their F***ing asses. And abortion is legal. People are not going around kidnapping pregnant women and forcing abortions on them. Apples and F***ing oranges.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm Very powerful film. It would be better if they could get a Hollywood special effects team in there to show kids with their guts shot out, limbs torn from their bodies, showing exactly what happens to a body when those assault rifles riddle them with bullets and shred their limbs and insides.
What is wrong with you???
The Sandy Hook Parents F***ing produced this film. They want people to see.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Please read my response. You can make your point without doing what you just did.
Exactly what is wrong with my response. If people saw the carnage, those weapons would be banned. That's my point. Ya'll see them as fun toys when they're really weapons of death.
You know, for a while I thought you were a pretty okay poster. This reply is beyond sickening. There is something wrong with you and you should get your head checked.

By the way, an AR15 does no more damage than a standard rifle. And trust me, people who oppose the ban on these guns are already aware of the damage that it causes. You're just not right. Its not the fact that you want people to know the damage and would like to educate people, its the head space you have to be in to suggest such a thing under the circumstances of the topic. The insensitivity of your response. To be able to go from one poster describing what those children must have felt, to you suggesting that we see more imagery of them during and after the fact. Your response was pure apathetic. What is wrong with you?
That is bullshit. These weapons shred organs and pulverize bones. And this film was produced by the parents who lost their kids in Sandy Hook. I think they'd be ok with adding gory special effects to make it more realistic if it got these F***ing weapons banned.

Yes they do. They shred organs into chopped meat. Limbs are mutilated.

https://www.wired.com/2016/06/ar-15-can-human-body/
The bullet from an AR-15 does an entirely different kind of violence to the human body. It’s relatively small, but it leaves the muzzle at three times the speed of a handgun bullet. It has so much energy that it can disintegrate three inches of leg bone. “It would just turn it to dust,” says Donald Jenkins, a trauma surgeon at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If it hits the liver, “the liver looks like a jello mold that’s been dropped on the floor.” And the exit wound can be a nasty, jagged hole the size of an orange.
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’
Trauma surgeons tell what it is really like to try to repair such devastating injuries. “Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed,” one said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/heal ... -ar15.html
Image on the left is what an assault rifle does to bone.

According to radiologist Heather Sher in a piece for The Atlantic, who treated several students injured in the recent shooting at a South Florida high school, a regular handgun leaves linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of a bullet. The weapons are low velocity and often leave non-fatal wounds.
On the other hand, bullets from an AR-15 and weapons similar to it travel almost three times faster than those of a routine handgun. The shooter can cause more damage while being less accurate, and the wounds are often far more lethal.

AR-15 (or ArmaLite 15) rifles are technically designed for sporting use, as they are not fully automatic assault weapons. However, a semi-automatic action is designed for a series of fast, aimed shots on a battlefield.
“Rifle bullets are typically travelling faster than 2,000 feet per second. They’re supersonic,” he added.

Furthermore, while all rifle bullets have this capability, the ammunition used by the AR-15, a .223 Remington cartridge, travels at approximately 3,000 feet per second and causes a significant cavitation effect — where a bullet is travelling so fast that it sends shock waves through the body and severely damages or kills displaced tissue.

Somerset explains that people can die from bullets in one of two ways: when organs are directly hit as bullets pass through the body or through the cavitation effect.

“The cavitation effect from a handgun is typically not very severe. With rifles, the cavitation injuries can be very severe.” In addition, Somerset says that bullets from a .223 Remington “tend to tumble” through the body, which further worsens the cavitation effect.

Sher adds in her piece that she’s seen a handful of AR-15 wounds in her career, and said exit wounds from rifle bullets can reach the size of an orange.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4043345/ar-1 ... ifference/
PoplarGrove
Marchioness
Marchioness
Re: #sandyhookpromise on twitter
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:10 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 am

I don't know that I've seen anyone refer to a weapon as a "fun toy". Responsible people take weapons seriously.
I've seen it posted here that the AR-15 is fun to shoot at targets. That should not be a criterion to not reinstate the automatic weapons ban.
Again, what is wrong with you those are people children that died in sandy hook without the help of your fucked up mental image of them passing away people could really do without....have a little F***ing decency and admit that was fucked up but Instead you just change the topic.
The Sandy Hook Parents who lost their children in that carnage F***ing produced that film!! They want people to be unsettled and upset by this. As they should be. While we as a nation sit with our thumbs up our ass and do F***ing absolutely nothing to get these death machines banned, our children are learning how NOT to be a target in their own F***ing schools. How F***ing messed up is that? Children are writing "Love You MOm" on their bodies with ink pens during shooting drills in case it really isn't a drill and in case they are killed. How F***ing messed up is that? How come you're not outraged by that instead?!?
Locked Previous topicNext topic