If your vaccinated DR contracted measles....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

But she was vaccinated for it - so that makes it A-OK to spread to her patients? Less symptoms, do not mean less communicable - not in the slightest.

Second case of measles confirmed in York County ...
- and it is in a fully vaccinated medical doctor.

McCabe said she had been fully vaccinated against the virus, which is highly contagious and can be spread through the air. But she still became infected with it, anyway. McCabe said she had received two doses of the MMR vaccine. She also tested positive for presumed immunity from the disease at least three times in the past 20 years — most recently within the past two days.
"First and foremost, it's absolutely critical that everyone who can be vaccinated with the MMR vaccine gets vaccinated," she said in the video. "Not just to protect yourself, but to protect everyone around you, especially very young children and those who are immunocompromised."
https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2019/...S1HLhWUPrsqkg0
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The link doesn't work. Was she treating patients while having the measles? I would be pissed, especially since my youngest is not old enough to have had all his vaccinations.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Where did she state she was purposefully spreading it to her patients? She got sick and then did not leave her home or treat patients. She followed CDC and Department of Health Guidelines.

P.S. your link does not work. Says it is the wrong URL.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:26 pm The link doesn't work. Was she treating patients while having the measles? I would be pissed, especially since my youngest is not old enough to have had all his vaccinations.
No, she was not.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:26 pm The link doesn't work. Was she treating patients while having the measles? I would be pissed, especially since my youngest is not old enough to have had all his vaccinations.
that is fucked up -- the link was there yesterday....good ole media censoring
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:29 pm
No, she was not.
YES she WAS treating patients.....unf, the link was removed by the media -- the article had stated all her patients had to be informed
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:28 pm Where did she state she was purposefully spreading it to her patients? She got sick and then did not leave her home or treat patients. She followed CDC and Department of Health Guidelines.

P.S. your link does not work. Says it is the wrong URL.
try this one

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2019/09/ ... hWUPrsqkg0
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

try this one

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2019/09/ ... hWUPrsqkg0
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:29 pm
No, she was not.
YES she WAS treating patients.....unf, the link was removed by the media -- the article had stated all her patients had to be informed
I assume she had to disclose it to her patients because she may have been contagious before she knew she was infected. But as soon as she found out she had it, she quarantined herself. It's not like she was intentionally exposing people to the measles.
Locked Previous topicNext topic