To upgrade or not?

Should I upgrade?

Hell ya! Blow that money baby, can’t take it with you
36%
Hell NO! Save that money for when you’re old and need cataract surgery
46%
Why the f**k are you asking us?? Are you so messed up you can’t even make your own decisions about a flipping phone?!?!
18%

Total votes: 28
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have the iPhone 7+ going on 3 years now. It’s in immaculate condition because I keep it in a case.

The only issue I have with it is battery life, and I did take advantage of the discounted battery lawsuit and did get another battery about a year ago. It’s annoying but nothing that makes me want to throw the phone across the room 🤣

I’m tempted to upgrade to the 11, not the pro or the max but I’m still on the fence about it because this phone is still fine.

With trade it looks like, before taxes, the phone will be $550. Financially I can do that but at the same time it sure seems like throwing away a decent chunk of money to replace a phone that still works perfectly.

So if you’re bored and looking to help please give your opinion on what I should do.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've had the same phone for several years and have no plans to upgrade for a while so I'm not going to be the best person for this one. LOL I'm all about saving money instead of spending it..especially with the cost of phones these days.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I’d just replace the battery again. You can get a kit for like $30 or find phone repair shops that will do it for just a bit more. If you don’t really care that much about upgrading for new features, why spend the money for a new phone?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:30 pm I’d just replace the battery again. You can get a kit for like $30 or find phone repair shops that will do it for just a bit more. If you don’t really care that much about upgrading for new features, why spend the money for a new phone?
Even with a brand spanking new battery it wouldn’t last very long. I think it just normal so to speak for an older phone to suck when it gets older battery wise.

I am leaning towards keeping this one, there really is nothing on the new one that makes me want to rush out and buy it.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I usually replace my phone every 2 years but I'm slacking with this one. I will upgrade in March just because I want a new one. If you're happy with it then f**k everyone else.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I voted the 3rd one. Just because it was funny. I would keep the phone and save the $.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:39 pm I voted the 3rd one. Just because it was funny. I would keep the phone and save the $.
This is cafemom where you will be shunned and judged for anything you mention 😂
Manic_Sinner
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I have a bad habit of upgrading my phone every time a new iPhone comes out but I’m going to vote no. It’s unnecessary. I’m over iPhone and I want to downgrade.
I’m one of those regular weird people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Manic_Sinner wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm I have a bad habit of upgrading my phone every time a new iPhone comes out but I’m going to vote no. It’s unnecessary. I’m over iPhone and I want to downgrade.
I’m bad about it too, well upgrading to a new phone period. This is the first time in almost 20 years that I’ve held onto a phone longer than 2 years.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've had my S8 almost 3 years too and was thinking about upgrading. Except this one is really just fine. I think if I got a new one right now that didn't just blow me away with new features that I like and will use, I would be really disappointed that I spent the money to get something not much different than I already have. So I'm waiting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic