Why are so many millennials lazy and entitled?

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. There's good and bad in every one.

On the contrary, this has been studied and there are common characteristics that belong to people of different generations. That doesn't mean that all people of that generation have the common characteristics, but as a group they typically do. It also doesn't mean all of the common characteristics are bad.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Old school values are the best. Most millennials don’t have them. They are too busy living at home until
They are 30 and more interested in the latest I phone then buying a house. The generation gap is not good. I bought my first home at 24 now many 24 yr olds still love at home

Go on a date with a millennial and you will probably pay for your own meal.

I was always under the impression when you start a job you busy your ass the first 90 days to prove yourself.

Not anymore.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
Anonymom*23/6/364
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.”

George Orwell
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:36 pm
CandTmom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm Learned it from generation x
Really because Im generation X.....My oldest is and his wife are millienials Not lazy and strong work ethics...Are you a boomer or something
I was joking. It's crazy to lump all of any people together and judge them.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

My kids found jobs and housing as soon as they graduated from college.
My older grandchildren work and go to college and live on their own too.
Their friends too.
There aren’t any lazy millennials in our area.
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm Old school values are the best. Most millennials don’t have them. They are too busy living at home until
They are 30 and more interested in the latest I phone then buying a house. The generation gap is not good. I bought my first home at 24 now many 24 yr olds still love at home

I was always under the impression when you start a job you busy your ass the first 90 days to prove yourself.

Not anymore.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 pm My kids found jobs and housing as soon as they graduated from college.
My older grandchildren work and go to college and live on their own too.
Their friends too.
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm Old school values are the best. Most millennials don’t have them. They are too busy living at home until

Not anymore.
You dont actually know that
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:36 pm
CandTmom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm Learned it from generation x
Really because Im generation X.....My oldest is and his wife are millienials Not lazy and strong work ethics...Are you a boomer or something
I was joking. It's crazy to lump all of any people together and judge them.
Gotcha...
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've seen poor performers in all generations. My least favorite generation to work with are baby boomers (NOT ALL of THEM, just as a whole).

However there are classic stereotypes in each generation, that actual evolve from researched trends -- millennials (in general, so will not apply to everyone of them), were raised with when the social norm included involved, caring involved parents who assisted them in choosing activities, school assignments and helping them meet deadlines, so they can struggle more than previous generations with coping when facing difficult choices, deadlines and stress at work. If they had issues with teachers or peers, their caring parents would also intervene on their behalf more so than in previous generations, so sometimes they do not handle conflict well either. They also have been praised a lot and shielded from unkind words, so they tend to respond to praise in the workplace, whereas constructive criticism can be very difficult to them to handle. But on the flip side, many can be extremely kind, polite and socially engaged due to that intense parental guidance in their upbringing.

BUT once again, each person has there own temperament they bring in the work place, so it's best not to jump to conclusions.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 pm My kids found jobs and housing as soon as they graduated from college.
My older grandchildren work and go to college and live on their own too. Yep
Their friends too.

Not anymore.

You dont actually know that
I don’t know what?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:30 pm I work with a few young kids. One is horrible and a few are great.
I have four coworkers over 50, the rest of us (20 people) are Millenials. The three worst people on the unit aren’t Millenials. Lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic