Why are so many millennials lazy and entitled?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As the song goes every generation blames the one before- and the opposite is true. I came just after the baby boomers and I've met a lot of entitled retirees. "Shrug"
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 am Honestly it was the way they were raised. They were the original group raised by parents who wanted them to be treated equally-sucked st baseball? You still get a prize! Got a C on a test, well, let’s grade on the curve! If you don’t want to say please or thank you, don’t, it’s OK!

It’s sad.

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:22 pm We are growing like crazy at work and have been on A Massive hiring spree. I get that I am at the age where I’m a lot older than my coworkers but they are hiring kids.

They won’t hire my friend who already works there in another dept but they hire these brats off the street.

We had 4 new people start Monday including a friend of mine ( older guy). One guy was cocky, in his 20’s, fit, excercises at his cubicle. He was being trained, listening on calls, not taking any notes. He calls in yesterday. Red flag. Quit today. Anyone who calls in on day 4 of a new job should be fired.

The guy that sits next to me is 22, I never hear him on the phone, and he’s already been talked too one about something not sure what. He should be asking me a ton of questions and needing help. Yesterday as I was pulling into work I saw him pulling out. He clocks in then leaves to get breakfast. Not allowed. You may get away with that if you’ve been there 5 years but not 3 weeks. He also is playing chess on his computer with a couple other new hires. Really ? I suspect he’s on his way out too. According to his manager his daily activity and call logs are low. Gee ya think ?

Waiting for a couple more of these young grease balls that they hired to drop off so maybe they will rethink the age of these new hires.
Venjemently disagreed. I taught my Millienial to say yes ma'am,no MA,am and please and thank you. Just like I'm teaching this generation the same thing.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:19 am As the song goes every generation blames the one before- and the opposite is true. I came just after the baby boomers and I've met a lot of entitled retirees. "Shrug"
So much this. I see much more entitlement and laziness from the boomers than ANYONE else
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:19 am As the song goes every generation blames the one before- and the opposite is true. I came just after the baby boomers and I've met a lot of entitled retirees. "Shrug"
True.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:48 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm
Smarties wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:41 pm

The number of graduates living at home is on trend with the overall rise in the number of adult children living at home. That doesn't mean that most adult children living with their parents are college graduates.

I'm still taking classes. I'm very familiar with tuition costs.
So you mean its.in trend with ALL milienials instead of the claim.stated upthread that its not the college graduates living at home....a

Yes, its a trend among all millennials. But I don't believe its the college graduates who are responsible for most of the trend.
Do your research 30 percent of college graduates live at home with their parents. Thats just them
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What age group is generation x? I'm an older millennial and from my experience I feel like you just described generation x
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:58 am What age group is generation x? I'm an older millennial and from my experience I feel like you just described generation x
1965 to 1980
Anonymous 6

Unread post

How do you have time to work when you're so busy being in everyone else's business?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:58 am What age group is generation x? I'm an older millennial and from my experience I feel like you just described generation x
Says the lady that stays with a man she absolutely hates to avoid working a real job.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm Old school values are the best. Most millennials don’t have them. They are too busy living at home until
They are 30 and more interested in the latest I phone then buying a house. The generation gap is not good. I bought my first home at 24 now many 24 yr olds still love at home

Go on a date with a millennial and you will probably pay for your own meal.

I was always under the impression when you start a job you busy your ass the first 90 days to prove yourself.

Not anymore.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
The problem is you are doing an entry level job. Most older employees are settled into careers by now. While there are a few younger people with good work ethics it's not the norm. We're the parents of these people so we only have ourselves to blame for not teaching them work ethics. I'm not judging your work choice just saying if you want to work with your generation maybe go back to school and find a career that you enjoy. Where are these younger people supposed to learn work ethics if their parents don't teach them. Their first jobs which are usually entry level positions.
Locked Previous topicNext topic