Does this make me a helicopter mom

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dd has had her license for two days. It’s pouring rain. The kind where you can’t see the car in front of you. I am not letting her drive to school in it. She has never driven on her own in rain like that. Possibly if there wasn’t a ton of road construction in addition to the rain I’d let her go on her own. As it is, I’ll drive her.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

License for 2 days, but how long has she been driving?
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes, but I still agree with you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:41 am License for 2 days, but how long has she been driving?
Seven months. But never in the rain like this. The opportunity hasn’t ever come up. She has driven in light rain and mist.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

How is she ever going to learn to drive in rain if she never drives in rain??? Yes helicopter mom!
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I understand your decision.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't blame you.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It doesn't matter what people think.

I agree with you.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well, you could go with her but let her drive. This way she gets experience but you're also there to give instruction if needed. Win/win.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am Well, you could go with her but let her drive. This way she gets experience but you're also there to give instruction if needed. Win/win.
This is exactly what I was thinking. My DH did this the first few times my daughter drove in the snow. They need to learn and it is always good to have someone there to guide them just incase they get worried or have a concern.
Locked Previous topicNext topic