Weigh in on this debate, cast your vote today!

Do you consider it cheating?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 44
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Marriage is over. Wife has filed for divorce with the court but a divorce isn’t an overnight thing. There are mandatory wait times. Husband is aware wife filed for divorce. Both have lawyered up.

Do you consider it cheating if the couple date or sleep with other people before the divorce is final?

There’s a woman in a Facebook group I’m in who is calling her husband a cheater and his girlfriend a whore because although the wife filed for divorce it isn’t final yet. The opinions are about straight down the middle as to if it’s okay or if the man is cheating.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I voted no, but only if both parties know for sure that there is no going back or working things out. I think if you are separated and thinking about working on things, that would be cheating. In this situation the woman filed for divorce and it seems as though they were both ready to move on, so no it's not cheating. This is why I say legal marriage is no more than just a piece of paper. This situation proves it. When you both no longer consider yourself married, you're not married to that person and are free to date who ever.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am Marriage is over. Wife has filed for divorce with the court but a divorce isn’t an overnight thing. There are mandatory wait times. Husband is aware wife filed for divorce. Both have lawyered up.

Do you consider it cheating if the couple date or sleep with other people before the divorce is final?

There’s a woman in a Facebook group I’m in who is calling her husband a cheater and his girlfriend a whore because although the wife filed for divorce it isn’t final yet. The opinions are about straight down the middle as to if it’s okay or if the man is cheating.
In my opinion Yes. Until there is a divorce decree, you are still married
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

is there already a legal separation?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, it is not cheating. If one held out hope of reconciliation, maybe, but in this case it looks like both parties are done.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It's a poor choice to start hopping into other beds before your current one is in order. But to each her own.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:30 am is there already a legal separation?
There is no such thing as legal separation in our state.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If people can "feel married" without doing what needs to be done to get married and marriage is "just a meaningless piece of paper", then why not? They're just waiting for another meaningless piece of paper to be divorced.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

The marriage is over.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It’s not cheating, it’s just trashy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic