Does this make me a helicopter mom

CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You should make whatever decision you want. I live in Wisconsin. I took my driver's test in January. There was a snow storm. I personally think one learns by doing. In the end it's your kid, your decision.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am Well, you could go with her but let her drive. This way she gets experience but you're also there to give instruction if needed. Win/win.
This completely.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Your not a helicopter mom. School traffic and someone inexperienced driving in heavy rain is a bad combination.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I would have done the same.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 am How is she ever going to learn to drive in rain if she never drives in rain??? Yes helicopter mom!
So true. The best way to learn is to jump right into extreme co diction just two days after you get your license. What kind of psychopath parent wouldn’t let their kid just take their lives into their own hands like that? Who would both supervising a 16 year old while driving in the rain? Surely talking it through briefly beforehand is all she needs, no reason to think any young teen would be irresponsible or act recklessly.

What, does the OP think it would be smarter to like wait until there was a more regular amount of rain before letting her kid drive in it alone? Helicopter!! I’ve, white-out blizzard, hurricane? Go for it! You’ve gotta learn some time! Good luck, kid!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’d drive her too
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nope, I'd drive her too.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes you are a helicopter mom. Once I got my license I was one my own and figured it all out myself. My son will do the same. That's what having a license means - your ready to do it on your own.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am Well, you could go with her but let her drive. This way she gets experience but you're also there to give instruction if needed. Win/win.
That is exactly what we did. A friend followed us so the car could stay at school. It is nice and sunny out now.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No it doesn't. I'd only let her drive if I were in the car to give instruction if needed but if the rain is so bad the driver can't see the car in front of them, really it's a bad idea to be on the road at all. Someone who has been driving for less than a year has no business driving in that without at least an experienced driver in the car as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic