Wasn't married spinoff

notyourmomma
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I think it's bizarre that they would spend all that money for a wedding but need SSI.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

It's deceit and the couple knows it.

If they didn't think they were doing anything deceitful, they would have at least been honest with their guests. Lying to SS is one thing (that I don't condone). Lying to friends and family puts them in a whole other category. I don't have time for people like that.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 pm The other post reminded me of a friend I have. She had a huge wedding, all the bells and whistles. Years later, pregnant, she posted an ultrasound that had her maiden name. Someone asked about it and she admitted they weren't legally married. They couldn't afford to be or else she would have lost her SSI. It was a celebration of their commitment and that was all that mattered to her but a few people felt like it was still wrong. Thoughts?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:32 am I don't see the problem. Not everyone cares about a random piece of paper
People who say that are naive.

That random piece of paper affords you a lot legally.

Hell thanks to that random piece of paper I can collect my husband’s social security even though he passed away.
Exactly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

notyourmomma wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm I think it's bizarre that they would spend all that money for a wedding but need SSI.
She gets it for debilitating mental illness. I'm unsure which one. Never asked. Apparently the medications are more than they can afford now or ever.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

It happens. We have a client divorcing her dh on paper because she can get triple the social security amount from her deceased husband. I don’t really blame people for doing stuff like this and what you posted.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 pm The other post reminded me of a friend I have. She had a huge wedding, all the bells and whistles. Years later, pregnant, she posted an ultrasound that had her maiden name. Someone asked about it and she admitted they weren't legally married. They couldn't afford to be or else she would have lost her SSI. It was a celebration of their commitment and that was all that mattered to her but a few people felt like it was still wrong. Thoughts?
So she committed fraud so she could obtain government handouts under false pretenses? It absolutely WAS and IS wrong.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

How can she afford this huge wedding if she is on SSI? That's for poor broke crazy people
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm
notyourmomma wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm I think it's bizarre that they would spend all that money for a wedding but need SSI.
She gets it for debilitating mental illness. I'm unsure which one. Never asked. Apparently the medications are more than they can afford now or ever.
That doesn't justify fraud.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I don't think i'd be in another couple's relationship enough to care. It's not my business.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Here they take all income in the household regardless of being married or not so that wouldn't work here. A YouTube couple got fake married they admitted it after and they charged 50 to watch a live stream they got thousands who paid. Many were outraged and said it felt wrong to be deceptive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic