Wasn't married spinoff

Anonymous 5

Unread post

So the preacher just like..faked it? lol.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I wouldn’t be happy to learn I attended a fake wedding. How ridiculous. Fake charade.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

What trash.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:32 am I don't see the problem. Not everyone cares about a random piece of paper
People who say that are naive.

That random piece of paper affords you a lot legally.

Hell thanks to that random piece of paper I can collect my husband’s social security even though he passed away.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I cannot say I know anyone like this. It appears I have an unpopular opinion.

I’m not going to lose sleep over it, but it seems a smidgen deceitful to me. I feel you should invite people to your “commitment” ceremony, as calling it a marriage does, in our society, suggest you are accepting the legal ramifications of the marital union. If, as other have all alluded, it’s not that big of deal, then, call it what it is...commitment. I feel that people do not, as they realize, people may not bring gifts or take it as seriously, so they make a lie of omission, for a less than honorable reason.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:55 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:32 am I don't see the problem. Not everyone cares about a random piece of paper

Hell thanks to that random piece of paper I can collect my husband’s social security even though he passed away.
I have been married for a long time. It's still just a random piece of paper. It doesn't make me naive to know that it isn't important to a lot of people.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Unless they were upfront, it's deceptive.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:06 am

I have been married for a long time. It's still just a random piece of paper. It doesn't make me naive to know that it isn't important to a lot of people.
And I don’t believe that you’re married. Otherwise you’d know that there’s a hell of a lot that random piece of paper gives you.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wish I had done something like that, so I won't judge someone else's reasons.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:06 am

And I don’t believe that you’re married. Otherwise you’d know that there’s a hell of a lot that random piece of paper gives you.
We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this summer.

You can have your opinion but that doesn't mean I'm not married.
Locked Previous topicNext topic