Move in day success!!

Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Dd’s assigned move in was yesterday. Third year of doing this and I’ll say yesterday was by far the most organized and easy experience. She’s in private on campus housing this year. We didn’t even unload the car, just pulled up, they unloaded and took everything up to her room. She’s thrilled she was able to get in at this particular complex as it’s very close to her classes and she’ll have less of a hike when it snows.

Did anyone else have move in for their college kid this week?
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Nice job.
How nice that your vehicle was unloaded.
Hope she has a great year.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 pm Nice job.
How nice that your vehicle was unloaded.
Hope she has a great year.
Thank you. I know, it was so nice having them unload. The previous years we had 10 minutes. Whatever wasn’t unloaded and in a cart by the end of the 10 minutes you had to lug from the parking garage a block away. Plus she’s on the 3rd floor of living space so technically the 4th floor, so we didn’t have to carry anything up aside from her groceries later. She’s pretty excited.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

We had move-in (for the last time) this weekend, too. And on-campus apartments are the best.

My kiddo's school has a nice way of helping all the freshmen move it. The athletic teams and band members form assembly lines to all the freshmen dorms. None of the parents (or kids) have to go up and down 50 million steps. Their stuff is passed along "the assembly line" and put right into their dorm room. (The parent is at one end and the student is at the other. This way, none of their stuff gets lost in transit.) This certainly helps to move CARS out of the way quickly so that the next car & parent/student can pull up.

As little as I did today, I'm exhausted at the moment!
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 pm We had move-in (for the last time) this weekend, too. And on-campus apartments are the best.

My kiddo's school has a nice way of helping all the freshmen move it. The athletic teams and band members form assembly lines to all the freshmen dorms. None of the parents (or kids) have to go up and down 50 million steps. Their stuff is passed along "the assembly line" and put right into their dorm room. (The parent is at one end and the student is at the other. This way, none of their stuff gets lost in transit.) This certainly helps to move CARS out of the way quickly so that the next car & parent/student can pull up.

That is extremely cleaver for them to do for the freshman move it. I bet it takes a lot of stress of the kids and their parents. I hear you, relax, kick your feet up and enjoy the rest of your day. I’m in doing the bare minimum mode at the moment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm just picturing you with that old move-in style where you only have 10 minutes to unload all!
LOL The freshmen thing we do is cool but let me tell you...for those who might be slight worriers, it takes some chillin' to let the football team just takeover all your stuff. LOL. But it works well.

I hope you have a nice relaxing night. Kick back and grab a glass or wine...or a margarita!

Hope your daughter enjoys her new apartment! :) (I think I remember you talking about her apartment setup earlier. It sounds nice!)
Midnight_Storm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 pm We had move-in (for the last time) this weekend, too. And on-campus apartments are the best.

That is extremely cleaver for them to do for the freshman move it. I bet it takes a lot of stress of the kids and their parents. I hear you, relax, kick your feet up and enjoy the rest of your day. I’m in doing the bare minimum mode at the moment.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That 10 minutes of move in was so stressful her freshman year. Her dorm last year was completely apartment style and was really nice. This year, it’s a newer complex but not quite apartment style. They have a small kitchenette with a full kitchen down the hall. She opted for a roommate so hopefully that goes well. Her roommate did have a hard time finding a suite mate because she does have a service animal but dd had zero issue with this and jokes she got a dog for a suite mate and her human. Definitely going to be kicking back the rest of this evening.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:50 pm I'm just picturing you with that old move-in style where you only have 10 minutes to unload all!
LOL The freshmen thing we do is cool but let me tell you...for those who might be slight worriers, it takes some chillin' to let the football team just takeover all your stuff. LOL. But it works well.

I hope you have a nice relaxing night. Kick back and grab a glass or wine...or a margarita!

Hope your daughter enjoys her new apartment! :) (I think I remember you talking about her apartment setup earlier. It sounds nice!)
Midnight_Storm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:44 pm

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Awesome! Good luck to her!

Mine is going into 7th grade. I have a while to go!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How wonderful! Cheers to year 3.

No, I still watch mine "load" themselves onto a big yellow bus daily. College, on one hand, seems a long way away, but I am sure it will be in a blink.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:39 pm Awesome! Good luck to her!

Mine is going into 7th grade. I have a while to go!
Thank you. My youngest just started 6th grade and has already decided that she wants to go to the same university. I don’t really remember picking colleges in 6th grade😳, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic