Dd got pink eye from day 9 of school! Pissed off!!!!!! Wwyd?

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pink eye is pretty normal in a school/church/gym/store setting. Don't waste energy trying to find someone to blame. Just treat it, heal it and move on. This is a lesser thing. Wait until ringworm or lice make their rounds in the schools. Shit happens, life goes on.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 6

Unread post

This is good advice...especially since the one doing the blaming may turn out to be the one to blame. :oops:
stilltfez wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:02 pm Don't waste energy trying to find someone to blame.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm Pink eye is the least of what can happen at school. I'd take that any day over some of the things my kids have come home with.
Shit I wish pinkeye was all I worried about. Ever since Parkland the school calls during the day and my stomach drops. Pinkeye is nothing. Even lice is nothing to me now.
Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

With pink eye usually symptoms are noticed a day or two after infection.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:07 pm
jas wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 pm You're kid is going to get sick at school. Get used to it.
I realize that but if your kid is sick KEEP THEM HOME! Don't send them to school to infect others. We don't need a epidemic! Schools close down over things like this!
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:50 pm School started last Thursday. My DD woke up yesterday with her eyelid swallen sp? And red spots around her eye. Of course I called my dh and said said DD needed to go to urgent care NOW! My dh took his sweet time getting home and insisted we go to this new urgent care in town.

So we went there and the freaking nurse looking driver and sighed and said the only thing I can think of what she has is shingles!!!!!!! I looked at the nurse and she has had the chicken pox vaccine and never had the chicken pox so how is that possible?

The nurse said huh? And came up with the excuse that it is pink eye and the eye lid is swallen sp? from her rubbing it in her sleep and the spot are bug bites. The nurse said she won't be contagious after taking the eye drops for 24 hours.

I am not sure what to do about tomorrow. Her eyelid is still swallen sp? Do I take her to her doctor since the stupid nurse tried to diagnose her with shingles even though she has never had chicken pox and has the vaccine and doesn't even show any symptoms of freaking shingles!? Do I send her to school since she isn't contagious anymore even with her eye swallen sp? if I send her to school do inform the teacher that pink eye is being spread around the classroom and she needs to bust out the clorex early since patient zero is still contagious ( not my kid. The kid that infected mine.) I still have to put drops in her eyes 4 times a day.

What I am really pissed about is someone sent their kid to school with pink eye to infect all the other kids because they are too freaking selfish to care about anyone but themselves. This happened last year with the flu. One kid got the flu and his parents send the kid back to school every day still sick just for the kid to throw up and get sent back home. That is how my DD and 3/4th of my DD class got the flu. FYI the got their flu shot in November and got the flu in February. My DD was out of school for a week with the flu and missed parents day because of those selfish self centered so called parents. I am tempted to talk to the school about cracking down on parents sending sick kids to school!

I really don't know about tomorrow. Wwyd?
Your snowflake infected everyone at school. Be mad at your trifling self
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Well, this response really puts things in prospective!
Pjmm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:48 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm Pink eye is the least of what can happen at school. I'd take that any day over some of the things my kids have come home with.
Shit I wish pinkeye was all I worried about. Ever since Parkland the school calls during the day and my stomach drops. Pinkeye is nothing. Even lice is nothing to me now.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

They can get shingles even though they have had the chicken pox vaccine. It enters a weakened live virus of chicken pox and only prevents shingles in 50% of those that receive it.

She could have picked up pink eye anywhere you do not know that it was definitely from school. Yes, you send her to school with the dtr's note and let them know she has been on medicine for 24hrs.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:51 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:44 pm

My kids go home and to school that's it. No one at home has pink eye so if we don't have it where else could she have gotten it? The only other place is school.
You don't go other places after school, like public parks, malls, restaurants, etc? I do agree with others though. You sound unhinged.
No we don't. We don't go to Parks because my own backyard has a pool, swing set, trampoline and even pet chickens! We don't go to restaurants. Home cooking taste better and is cheaper. We don't go shopping unless if we need something and even then I do that while the kids are in school.
There is a hole in that bubble of your's.....
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Getting pink eye at school ain't nothing compared to what could happen, these days, in our schools.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You sound like a nut.
Locked Previous topicNext topic