Old days on cafemom on the topic of abortion.

Anonymous 13

Unread post

Except it’s not semantics at all. Words have meaning. Abortion, while distasteful, is not murder.

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:01 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:47 pm Murder is a legal term. Abortion isn’t illegal, ergo it can’t be murder.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:16 pm I've never supported abortion. I believe its murder. But i also believe in a womans right to choose.
Thats all. Only her right to choose.
Semantics.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Clearly. I was just explaining why it’s an illogical, irrelevant question.
HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:38 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 pm No, I don’t believe those doctors/patients really exist, but if they do, it’s such a microscopic number that it’s irrelevant. That said, sometimes there must be small sacrifices for the greater good, even when it makes some of us uncomfortable.
HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:09 pm
Lol, well, it is possible for them to, and that’s what she did say. She supports the right for a woman to go in the day before her due date and abort. You don’t think that there are maniac doctors who wouldn’t deem a woman mentally unable to handle it and perform the medically necessary procedure? What world are you living in? It’s not an argument. It’s what she said.
I asked a specific member a specific question and she answered me.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:36 pm Clearly. I was just explaining why it’s an illogical, irrelevant question.
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 pm No, I don’t believe those doctors/patients really exist, but if they do, it’s such a microscopic number that it’s irrelevant. That said, sometimes there must be small sacrifices for the greater good, even when it makes some of us uncomfortable.

Which you failed to do. Awesome.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:35 pm Except it’s not semantics at all. Words have meaning. Abortion, while distasteful, is not murder.

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:47 pm Murder is a legal term. Abortion isn’t illegal, ergo it can’t be murder.

Semantics.

I suppose then that since abortion isn't illegal I could murder someone and call it retroactive abortion and nobody would bat an eye since abortion isn't illegal.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Lol, I encourage you to look up what sarcasm is. I wasn’t using it. Look, dear, you said what you said. Own it.
God, you're a moron.
Back at you dear heart.
“ dear heart”?
This thread is pointless.
Anonymous 15

Unread post

:roll:
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:24 pm
HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:09 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:50 pm That’s such logical fallacy. Women aren’t having full-term abortions just because. It’s an illogical argument.

Lol, well, it is possible for them to, and that’s what she did say. She supports the right for a woman to go in the day before her due date and abort. You don’t think that there are maniac doctors who wouldn’t deem a woman mentally unable to handle it and perform the medically necessary procedure? What world are you living in? It’s not an argument. It’s what she said.
My supporting of a woman's rights to do what she wishes with her body still does not change the fact that you are trying to make the claim based on a logical fallacy. Of course I would give a ridiculous answer to an equally ridiculously presented situation. I'm a pragmatist and realist. I don't react to knee jerk fallacies. A woman going in and aborting a fetus the day before her due date is not realistic and does not actually occur. But would I support it anyways even though it medically has never occurred and would never occur in the medical field? Sure, because until the second that fetus is removed from the woman's body it is technically a parasite living within it's host and thus it is the host's choice what to do with it.
Aren't you glad your mommy didn't remove her little parasite? You know, since it's no big deal and all.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Your inability to comprehend is only a failure on your part.
HanSolo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:40 pm
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:36 pm Clearly. I was just explaining why it’s an illogical, irrelevant question.
Which you failed to do. Awesome.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Are you drunk? You clearly couldn’t do that and have it be legal. What a bizarre argument.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:35 pm Except it’s not semantics at all. Words have meaning. Abortion, while distasteful, is not murder.

Semantics.

I suppose then that since abortion isn't illegal I could murder someone and call it retroactive abortion and nobody would bat an eye since abortion isn't illegal.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

This is why we are having to discuss this abortion topic:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... istory.amp
It’s all Trump’s BS
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 am Are you drunk? You clearly couldn’t do that and have it be legal. What a bizarre argument.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am

Semantics matter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic