Naming a miscarriage

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 pm A miscarriage is an event. The fetus is still a fetus, it’s not now called a “miscarriage.” Do you think that when a woman says, “I had a miscarriage,” they were saying that they delivered something called a “miscarriage”? That it was the same as saying “I had a baby”?
I had an early miscarriage, passed blood, clots, not enough time for a visible fetus.
What should I say?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:47 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 pm A miscarriage is an event. The fetus is still a fetus, it’s not now called a “miscarriage.” Do you think that when a woman says, “I had a miscarriage,” they were saying that they delivered something called a “miscarriage”? That it was the same as saying “I had a baby”?
I had an early miscarriage, passed blood, clots, not enough time for a visible fetus.
What should I say?
That you had a miscarriage...

Again, it’s an event. It’s not the physical tissue that exited your uterus. A fetus is called an embryo until 8 weeks, so early miscarriages involve passing an embryo, medically speaking. Many people prefer to call it a baby at any gestation.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:19 pm
What should I say?

Again, it’s an event. It’s not the physical tissue that exited your uterus. A fetus is called an embryo until 8 weeks, so early miscarriages involve passing an embryo, medically speaking. Many people prefer to call it a baby at any gestation.
Then I assume I passed a very tiny embryo.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 pm

What should I say?

Why do you keep quoting me? You aren’t making a point, nor does this conversation making any sense.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Why do you keep quoting me? You aren’t making a point, nor does this conversation making any sense.
I’m so sorry
Anonymous 7

Unread post

We had names picked out from the beginning
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TBH, I don’t know. With my youngest we knew from day one that if it was a boy we would name him David. If God forbid we would’ve lost him, would he be my David? I honestly don’t know. I’m more inclined to say yes and that I couldn’t name another baby that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm Would you name a baby that you lost at four months pregnant?
We did and because the day before we discovered there was a problem, we had already picked out names. We had only found out for sure, that day before I started to miscarry.

We lost her at 18 1/2 weeks gestation.

Her name would have been Sedona Briana Lynn.

This was 25 years ago.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve lost 3 babies and didn’t name any of them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic