HOLY H*LL!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I live in a suburb of about 40K people. To get from one far end of the city to the other, its about a 10 minute drive depending on traffic. Now my daughter's elementary school is on one end of the city and my sons highschool is at the other end of the city. The route I usually drive it takes about 8-10 minutes to get from one school to the next. My daughter's school lets out at 3:20 and my sons school lets out at 3:45.

So, why in the hell did it take me 1 hour and 15 minutes to pick both kids up today?!

Also, until now I didnt think there was anything worse than parent pick up at the elementary school. As of today I found out that highschool parent pick up is sooooooooooo much worse. Much much MUCH worse. If it wasn't raining hell fire and damnation hot out there, I would have had my son bike home.

F*cking Ay!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Can you have him walk a block our two outside the school to a meeting place and you pick him up from there? That's what I plan to do with my oldest.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:01 pm Can you have him walk a block our two outside the school to a meeting place and you pick him up from there? That's what I plan to do with my oldest.
This was my thought too.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:51 pm I live in a suburb of about 40K people. To get from one far end of the city to the other, its about a 10 minute drive depending on traffic. Now my daughter's elementary school is on one end of the city and my sons highschool is at the other end of the city. The route I usually drive it takes about 8-10 minutes to get from one school to the next. My daughter's school lets out at 3:20 and my sons school lets out at 3:45.

So, why in the hell did it take me 1 hour and 15 minutes to pick both kids up today?!

Also, until now I didnt think there was anything worse than parent pick up at the elementary school. As of today I found out that highschool parent pick up is sooooooooooo much worse. Much much MUCH worse. If it wasn't raining hell fire and damnation hot out there, I would have had my son bike home.

F*cking Ay!
Have your son walk a few blocks away from the school, you can pick him up there and not have to get into the traffic around the high school. I did that last year and going to this year also
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:01 pm Can you have him walk a block our two outside the school to a meeting place and you pick him up from there? That's what I plan to do with my oldest.
Thats what Im planning on doing come Monday. =)
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was expecting our pick up and drop off would be a mess since there is no bus service and all parents drop off and pick up. So far it hasn't been too bad.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Good grief, I'm glad my kids grew up when they did. School pickups are hell because everyone has to pick up their own kids now instead of them being able to walk or take a school bus or public transportation. It's ridiculous.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm Good grief, I'm glad my kids grew up when they did. School pickups are hell because everyone has to pick up their own kids now instead of them being able to walk or take a school bus or public transportation. It's ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. Walking isn't an option in many areas. Mine would have to walk 7 miles each way, including crossing an interstate. Many of us have valid reasons for why we don't want our children riding rhe buses.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 pm
This was my thought too.
We did that in grade school because the pick-up line was F***ing insane. The parents would snake around the parking lot while the teachers grabbed the kids from the crowd and put them in their car. It went as well as you could imagine. It took f-f-f-f-o-o-o-e-e-e-v-v-v-v-e-e-r-r-r-r because the kids had to be buckled in car seats too. I started parking a couple of blocks away and picking my kid up in the school and we were in our car and on our way home in five minutes.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m not looking forward to pickups this year.
Locked Previous topicNext topic