Am i that out of touch?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have wedding invites changed that much or is this unusual?

I got an invite in the mail to my cousin's daughter's wedding. The invite itself is basically like a postcard, printed on both sides. Very pretty graphics and printing. But the RSVP options were what got me. It says:
Kindly RSVP by {date} by texting {number} or online at {website}.

Really? Is that how people RSVP for formal events now a days? I know I got married two decades ago and a lot has changed since then but I've never heard of texting and online as options for a wedding RSVP. Also when I got married, the invites were like actual cards that you opened up to read, not postcards. And we put the RSVP card with a stamped return envelope inside for them to send back. My invites even had the little piece of tissue paper inside of them.

I'm not saying the way they did it is wrong, it just surprised me. Is this typical for wedding invites these days? I'm going to be one of those old ladies really stuck in my old-fashioned ways, aren't I.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our wedding invites were like yours but we did also have people rsvp by Facebook.
i want candy!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

On line RSVP's seems to be the new thing. I just looked it up and actually is quite common now. Seems like it would be easier and more accurate, tbh.

I got married in 1997 so I wasn't aware either.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

There's a lot of websites that do RSVPs for things. My job uses Paperpost or something like that to RSVP for stuff.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it's a nice way to keep track of who has rsvped. Especially when out and about and it saves money
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it’s becoming the norm but I’m not sure. My best friend is getting married in October and just sent out e-vites yesterday. You rsvp on the site. Her wedding is in Vegas and super casual though.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 pm Have wedding invites changed that much or is this unusual?

I got an invite in the mail to my cousin's daughter's wedding. The invite itself is basically like a postcard, printed on both sides. Very pretty graphics and printing. But the RSVP options were what got me. It says:
Kindly RSVP by {date} by texting {number} or online at {website}.

Really? Is that how people RSVP for formal events now a days? I know I got married two decades ago and a lot has changed since then but I've never heard of texting and online as options for a wedding RSVP. Also when I got married, the invites were like actual cards that you opened up to read, not postcards. And we put the RSVP card with a stamped return envelope inside for them to send back. My invites even had the little piece of tissue paper inside of them.

I'm not saying the way they did it is wrong, it just surprised me. Is this typical for wedding invites these days? I'm going to be one of those old ladies really stuck in my old-fashioned ways, aren't I.
I haven't seen that yet. I like the old-fashioned invites,personally. I have, however, noticed a trend of pre-printed thank you notes. Now THAT makes me go "WTF??" All of my TY's were a little personalized,KWIM? Lazy assholes,lol.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 pm Our wedding invites were like yours but we did also have people rsvp by Facebook.
LOL! Facebook didn't even exist when I got married. That's how old I am (or how young I got married).
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:07 pm On line RSVP's seems to be the new thing. I just looked it up and actually is quite common now. Seems like it would be easier and more accurate, tbh.

I got married in 1997 so I wasn't aware either.
We were 1999, and we were essentially the last among our generation of family and friends. Lots of cousins and siblings and friends within the preceding 5 years but then with ours we were all done. Then a big gap of time and now our generation's kids are just starting to get married. I think that's why this is so new to me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's exactly how my cousins invites were and shes a wedding planner.
Locked Previous topicNext topic