1st day of school and one of my kids gave me a heart attack

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Yup. School hasn't even officially started yet and my big kid gave me a heart attack.
I told him to text me when he gets on the bus. It was dark and he was the only kid at the stop so I was a bit paranoid. Called him 3 times before he finally texted me to tell me he's on the bus.

Anybody else had a heart attack on the first day?
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not the first day, but yesterday the kids were supposed to walk to their Dad’s classroom and ride home with him. At 3, DH texted me that DS9 must have gotten on the bus, because he didn’t come to his room. Not a big deal, but around 3:50 he still wasn’t home. DH said he passed the bus on his way home, so it looked like he’d already passed our house. I was about to call the school and/or head up there when the bus pulled up and dropped him off.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope, so far smooth sailing. I drive my daughter to school and back.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They didn't start yet however my anxiety is building up because my 3rd grader is officially too old to ride the bus so he will be walking. Right now we are trying to get a plan together with other parents.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am They didn't start yet however my anxiety is building up because my 3rd grader is officially too old to ride the bus so he will be walking. Right now we are trying to get a plan together with other parents.
Omg I would die. I hope y'all get it all figured out so you have some peace of mind.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am glad he was OK. Just laughter & sadness for me.

I let my first time middle schooler be responsible for his own morning, and got to watch him sprint down the street after the school bus as he missed it at our stop. It was rather 😁 funny to me. I hope he caught it, lol, as he did not come back home, I am assuming he did!

My other two have been waiting outside at the bus stop for 30 minutes. My new kindergartener insists on riding the bus. She refuses to let me take her or come to her classroom for the farewell, because according to her “she has waited her entire life” to ride on the bus and go to the big school and my presence is not only not required but not wanted 😭😟😢
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am Nope, so far smooth sailing. I drive my daughter to school and back.
I would too but 2 schools at the same time. If evolution really loved me I'd be able to clone myself so I could do both at the same time. Alas, I gotta trust my big kid to handle life on his own.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 am I am glad he was OK. Just laughter & sadness for me.

I let my first time middle schooler be responsible for his own morning, and got to watch him sprint down the street after the school bus as he missed it at our stop. It was rather 😁 funny to me. I hope he caught it, lol, as he did not come back home, I am assuming he did!

My other two have been waiting outside at the bus stop for 30 minutes. My new kindergartener insists on riding the bus. She refuses to let me take her or come to her classroom for the farewell, because according to her “she has waited her entire life” to ride on the bus and go to the big school and my presence is not only not required but not wanted 😭😟😢
Aww babies! I fully expected for my 14 year old to miss the bus but he made it. Even got up and showered this morning. I bought him some manly shampoo and body wash with Axe deodorant and body spray so I think he's more willing to shower because he won't smell like watermelon afterwards.
My 1st grader practically shoved me out of the way to get on the bus. I took him last year and he didn't let me walk him to the classroom either.

My babies are growing up. I can't believe I have a high schooler.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 am
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am Nope, so far smooth sailing. I drive my daughter to school and back.
I would too but 2 schools at the same time. If evolution really loved me I'd be able to clone myself so I could do both at the same time. Alas, I gotta trust my big kid to handle life on his own.
I would love for my daughter to catch the bus(she has never been a bus rider).. She attends a school that does not offer bus service so I make that trip 2x's a day. She will be able to drive next year..I'm looking forward to that. :)
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Scary, wow!

Pretty smooth sailing here. I really hope it stays that way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic